Salsas are at the heart of Mexican food. They are responsible for that extra kick of spiciness and deliciousness in every bite of a taco, an enchilada, or a simple tortilla chip. Yes, this is a two-ingredient easy Mexican salsa recipe.
About this easy Mexican salsa
This is the salsa roja I grew up eating almost every day; it is simple yet delicious. This salsa reminds me of my hometown every time I make it, and it is perfect for quesadillas, tacos, burritos, or as a dip for a healthy snack or appetizer.
Ingredients for the salsa roja
- Fresh tomatoes, any fresh tomato will work here, I love Roma or Hothouse tomatoes (pictured) for my salsas, but any tomato will do. Just makes sure you have fleshy, ripe, and firm ones.
- Serrano or jalapeño peppers. The beauty of this sauce is that you can easily control how spicy you want the salsa to be. If extra spicy is your choice add more chiles; if you wish to mild salsa add one chile and three to four tomatoes.
How to make traditional Mexican salsa
This is a two-ingredient, two-step, easy Mexican salsa. Roast the tomatoes and chiles on a griddle , frying pan, or oven. When completely charred, blend with a pinch of salt.
traditional Mexican salsas you should try
- Red salsa molcajeteada, this salsa has tomato, onion, and chiles.
- Authentic Mexican salsa verde, this recipe with roasted garlic and tomatillos is a dream.
- Homemade salsa verde, two different ways.
- Creamy Jalapeño salsa is my favorite salsa for grilled vegetables or grilled proteins. So good and creamy, I’m guessing it will live in your fridge.
- Creamy avocado salsa verde, tomatillos, and avocados with fresh cilantro, chiles, a dash of lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Perfection.
- Chiles toreados. The best, well, one of the best Mexican condiments to have around.
Other recipes that you may like:
Two-ingredient Mexican salsa
- Griddle, comal or frying pan
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- a good pinch of salt
- Roast the tomaotes and chiles until charred on all sides.
- Blend with a good pinch of salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.