I love lemon pie, one of my favorite desserts. The other day I was shopping I found some great options and bought some. They were all full of healthy fats, and all natural, and everything. There were a bit pricey but nothing serious, so I bought them. After 10 minutes of being in the fridge they disappeared. Not good, then I thought they were expensive, so I decided to make my own version of them.??
These little nutty energy balls are so good and full of flavor I’m pretty sure you will love them. They taste exactly like lemon pie, but full of good ingredients and without all the empty calories, they are just amazing.
They are made with coconut, dates, walnuts, lemon zest and salt. They are full of powers and do not be scared because they have fats. They are good fats, the fats we need to think and survive. A serving of good fats will help us be healthier and feel better.
And because they have dates, dried fruit = sugar in its natural state, they are sweet and yummy.?? Lemon zest is for flavor and salt bammm, more flavor! Yum !! All you have to do is try them. I have them in my fridge and when my kids want something sweet or a snack or maybe an energy booster, they eat them.
And believe me, much cheaper and healthier than the store bought ones. Here is the recipe and if you like them, please share.
5 Ingredient nutty energy balls
- 1 cup coconut flakes or grated unsweetened
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- *optional hemp seeds
- In the bowl of a food processor add the coconut and pulse until it is in small pieces.
- Add dates and pulse again for 5 to 6 times until they are in small pieces.
- Turn on the food processor and while running add the nuts.
- Uncover and scrape the walls of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Cover and turn again until everything is well integrated.
- With your hands, form balls and if you want cover them with hemp seeds. Store in a jar in the fridge.
[inlinkz_linkup id=566418 mode=1]