This acai smoothie bowl recipe is easy, nutritious, and delicious. If you follow this recipe, you will see how easy it is to make a trendy, easy, and healthy breakfast at home.
Reasons to fall in love with this recipe
- Smoothie bowls are not just a fad, they are a superfood breakfast that you can make under 10 min!
- This crazy good smoothie bowl has only 5 ingredients and the topping options are endless!
- The acai smoothie bowl can be served in many ways, with fruit, granola, nuts, seeds, almond butter, etc.
✨Benefits of acai✨ 🌱Acai is a purple berry that comes from the acai palm tree from the Amazon area, they are cultivated by hand. You'll find açai berries in different presentatiosn such as acai powder, frozen acai packets or in a mix in frozen berries. 🌱Acai is considered a super food since the concentration of nutrients, like vitamin C, it has is very high compared to its size. 🌱It is full of antioxidants, fiber, and many vitamins and minerals. Its nutritional powers help us fight diseases and make our hearts strong.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Frozen acai puree →use frozen blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries instead of acai
- Frozen bananas give thickness and creaminess to the smoothie bowls →substitute with frozen mango, frozen cauliflower, peaches, vegan protein powder or vegan yogurt
- Almond butter →sub with cashew butter or peanut butter.
- Almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, or soy milk →apple juice, pineapple juice or coconut water are other liquid options
- Chia seeds→ substitute with chia seed jam, flax seeds, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Granola is also a great topping for smoothie bowls.
How to make acai smoothie bowl?
As easy as putting the ingredients in the blender. You do it in the same way as a smoothie. Some tips to make it taste perfect are:
Add the liquid to your blender first to ensure the blender runs appropriately. Using a high-speed blender, such as Blendtec or Vitamix ,
- Frozen fruit and other ingredients
Add the frozen fruit, chia seeds, and almond butter.
- Blend and serve
Start your blender at a low-medium speed and gradually turn up your pace. You can help yourself with the blenders tamper, but make sure you have the lid.
Serve in a bowl and top with your favorite ingredients.
🔥 TIP If you don't have a high speed blender, chop the frozen ingredients as much as possible before blending them. This will help you get the creamy texture of this acai bowl recipe.
Differences between a smoothie and a smoothie bowl?
- You drink your smoothie and you eat your smoothie bowl with a spoon.
- Smoothie bowls look like ice cream. The huge benefit of this is that kids eat them more easily and you can add your favorite toppings.
- Smoothie bowls are finished with fruit, granola, and other superfoods on top. In a smoothie, all of the extra ingredients are blended.
Can you sotre or make ahead smoothie bowls?
Smoothie bowls are to eat fresh. But what you could do is prepare all the ingredients by portioning them in small freezer bags. This way, you can blend and go.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for this acai smoothie bowl, and I hope you like it as much as we do. When you make it, don’t forget to take a picture of it and post it on Instagram or FB, I love to see all your creations.
It would also be fantastic itogive it 5 stars and/or iell me how it went in the comments section; if you have questions or ideas, put them there as well.
- 3.5 oz frozen acai berries 100 g
- 2 bananas frozen or not
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk rice or soy
- 1 tablespoon chia
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Put the acai berry, banana, almond cream and soybeans into the blender.
- When everything is really well integrated Serve in a bowl and put the rest of the ingredients above.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.