What do you do when it is really cold outside and you have a free afternoon? I bake cookies, have a cup of coffee and relax. It has been really cold around here and it has been raining a lot, so all the crazy driving of my life stopped for a while.
It was fun to get my afternoons back for a week. I kinda needed some time off and ….cookies. Well, in a way I got used to them because it took me everything I have to get back into routine.?
And it is kind of a strange routine, cause it is Holiday Season craziness??. So as normal as I want it to be, it is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E, impossible. But through the year, I have come to learn to love some parts of this season. Like cookies, baking, eating yummy food and hanging out with my loved ones.
It is also giving time, at what a great way to give that making something made with love and healthy ingredients. Last week, I posted homemade crackers, a great Christmas gift and today, I’m transforming an old time favorite into a super healthy and crunchy recipe, another great gift.
Here is the recipe and I hope you like it. Almond butter and coconut oil transform these oatmeal cookies into a super healthy and delicious snack.
Galletas de avena y crema de almendra
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond cream heaping
- 1/2 cup sugar cane
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts into pieces
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
- In <g class="gr_ gr_348 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="348" data-gr-id="348">mixer</g> bowl fitted with the flat beater, add the coconut oil and almond cream. Beat until both are fully integrated. Add sugar.
- While beating add the vanilla, <g class="gr_ gr_415 gr-alert gr_gramm Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="415" data-gr-id="415">salt</g> and maple syrup. Make sure there is nothing on the walls of the bowl.
- Put the oats and half a cup of flour. The idea is to make a dough that is not very sticky and very easy to form dough balls. If it is still sticky or the dough balls do not form properly, add another quarter cup of flour.
- Form balls and place them in a baking dish prepared with a silicone mat or baking paper. Put them in the oven until firm to the touch, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.