These almond chocolate bars take five minutes to put together. You pulse all the ingredients ina food processor , then you press them down in a tray and then and cover with melted chocolate.
This recipe for chocolate almond bars is the perfect lift me up treat when I’m having slow afternoons. It is also perfect for that moment your sweet tooth kicks in. But you know better right? You know that the best way to attack it is with a treat made with real ingredients.
As I told you before, to make these almond chocolate bars you:
Pour to cover.
It is that easy to enjoy a vegan sweet treat made with shredded coconut and almonds. Both ingredients are full of benefits and good things for us. Take the coconut, for example, it is antibacterial, it has tons of minerals, it helps our immune system and overall makes us healthier.
Almonds have healthy fats, tons of protein, vitamins, and minerals. On top of all, they taste delicious and are perfect for cooking, snacking, “milking”, etc.
Believe me … these are the type of candy you want to eat. Eat clean and made with good ingredients sweets.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- These almond chocolate bars are perfect for kids.
- Keep them in the fridge or in a cool place.
- Use the best ingredients you can buy and read the labels, buy unsweetened chocolate and unsweetened coconut. You don’t want to eat extra sugar right?
- I love dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa , I use 60% or higher.
- Maldon salt is a type of finishing salt. It is flaky salty and it is always good to have on hand to give sweet and savory dishes an extra boost of flavor.
- Here are other vegan sweets or vegan dessert recipes that I think you will enjoy: Vegan strawberry cake, chocolate zucchini muffins, vegan oat bars, the best chocolate chip cookies ever, dark chocolate and zucchini bread.
I really hope your family loves this recipe as much as my kids do. 😉
So, here is the recipe for these
delicious, healthy and vegan almond chocolate bars
Vegan almond chocolate bars
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Maldon
- In a food processor add the coconut, slivered almonds, coconut oil, agave syrup and cocoa.
- Turn the food processor on and let it run until everything is well integrated.
- It should hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Add the mixture in a pan and press with your fingers until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. When done, pour on top of the nut mixture.
- Finish with a few sprinkles of salt and let it cool. Cut into pieces and store in the fridge or a cool place.