ONE BOWL and FIVE INGREDIENTS. Basically a dream.
This is the easiest recipe for vegan and gluten-free almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
Last Sunday I was in the kitchen with the kids and I thought I had the greatest idea ever. I pulled out a bowl, my almond flour, and other ingredients and baked these almond flour chocolate chip cookies. I even asked Santiago to write the ingredients as I added them to the bowl. After the cookies were baked, I tried them and thought: “WOW these are so good!” I really was impressed with myself that I developed a recipe so quickly. Well, it turned out that….
I have already made them! Well, kind of. Last year I posted a recipe called BEST VEGAN COOKIES EVER, so I just remembered an old recipe. I laughed so hard when I realized this. It was so funny because for I week I was obsessed with my new almond chocolate chip cookies. I mean, in my mind it was the best vegan chocolate chip recipe ever.
I really was obsessed with them! I prepared them almost every day and once I even burned a batch. If you follow me on Instagram I posted a picture on my Instastories of them. Lol! I still laugh about my crazy and busy mind.
ingredients TO MAKE THESE ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Almond flour. Almond flour looks white and fluffy. Almond flour is made with blanched and peeled almonds. When buying it, be careful not to buy almond meal that is made with raw, unpeeled almonds.
- Chocolate chips. I use dark chocolate chips and for this recipe, it is important that they are actually chocolate chips. Chocolate chips hold their shape when you bake them.
- Coconut oil. If you like the coconut flavor use regular coconut oil if you don’t like it use refined coconut oil. The cookies will be delicious with both.
- Maple syrup. You can also use agave honey.
- Vanilla. Vanilla extract is important because it brings out all the flavors of the other ingredients.
✎TIP • Add the oil little by little. Almond flour absorbs a lot of liquid. • When the mixture holds up together, it means that it is done. • IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT TO LET THE COOKIES COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE TASTING • These are soft cookies, they are NOT crunchy or crispy cookies.
“This recipe for almond flour chocolate chip cookies is delicious, vegan, gluten-free, very easy to prepare and 100% kids approved.”
So here is the recipe for these
almond flour chocolate chip cookies
that is slightly different from the first recipe I made. This recipe does not have almond butter and it is made with almond flour, not almond meal. So if you prepare this recipe and like it please share a picture of your cookies on FB. Or even better, let’s connect on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla #piloncilloyvainilla or PINTEREST, you can always save the recipe to make it later there.
I love seeing all of your creations! Send a picture over so I can share it with the rest of this wonderful community of likeminded people that love to eat healthy and delicious like us.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Here are other recipes that I think you make like
Almond flour chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups almond flour about 300 gr.- 11 oz
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Let the mix rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Form the cookies and place on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned on top.
- Remove and cool completely.
- You have to measure the almond flour well, it has to be tightly fitted.
- I use 4 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil, solid. Start by adding 4 tablespoons and check the mixture if it needs more moisture. Add half a tablespoon more and so on.
- Let the cookies brown in the oven and DO NOT TOUCH or taste until completely cooled down.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Send me a DM on Instagram, let’s connect.