Crisp, delicious, easy to make, healthy, and perfect are these homemade apple cinnamon chips. You have to try them.
These apple chips are perfect for sending to school in the children’s lunchbox; they are perfect for giving as a host gift or taking on a road trip. Really, these are the best every time and everywhere.
These crisp apple chips are sugar-free. They are made only with sliced apples and ground cinnamon.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CHIPS AT HOME?
- Choose apples that are firm and wash them well. Slice the apples as thinly as you can using a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- Put them on a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and bake for two hours at a temperature of 225ºF (100ºC).
- They are ready when they are dry and crisp.
WHAT KIND OF APPLEs ARE THE BEST for chips?
- Apples are among the 12 fruits that have the MOST pesticides and they usually put a layer of wax to make them have a longer shelf life. Look for organic apples if you can.
- The firmer and crisper the better the chips.
- Look for firm, crisp apples like:
- Golden Delicious
Other recipes you may like:
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST HEALTHY APPLE CHIPS
- The time it will take in the oven depends on the thickness of the apple.
- Cut them thin, so they are ready faster.
- If you see that the apple slices are oxidizing, you can add a little lemon juice to them while working with the rest.
- It is best to cut the apple and put it in the oven as quickly as possible.
- If you cut them with a sharp mandolin or a super sharp knife, it takes 5 minutes.
- You can add sugar if you want, but you don’t really need it.
Here is the recipe for these apple chips and prepare them if you like the recipe, please share the blog. Take a photo of your cinammon apple chips and share on Instagram, Fb or save for later on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Cinnamon apple chips
- 1 apple
- ground cinnamon as needed
- -Preheat the oven to 225ºF
- -Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silcón mat.
- -Slice the apple (whole) starting at the bottom. It is not necessary to remove the core or the seeds. If your mandolin has to graduate the thickness of the slice, put it in number 2 or 3. If you put it in number 1 they are so thin that they can break when removing them from the tray.
- -Put the slices on the uncoated tray and sprinkle them with the cinnamon.
- -Pop in the oven and leave them for an hour and a half to two hours. They are ready when starting to golden
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post is a republish from December 2013.