Panzanella is a salad that is made with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and bread. It is usually a summer salad, but I’m so obsessed with it that I created a fall version of it, an Autumn Panzanella.
And it is as delicious as the classic one. As always, I like to start my salads with a mix of greens. For this salad, I used mixed spring greens and broccoli florets. I love eating raw broccoli, do you? And it salads it is the best.
From there I started adding more fall flavors and colors to make the perfect vegan Autumn salad. I added beets, carrots, apple, pomegranate, nuts and instead of bread crakers.
But not any cracker. These crackers are grain-free and nutrient-dense. For this vegan autumn Panzanella, I’m using the rosemary sea salt flavor crackers which not only add texture to the salad but they give it another layer of flavor. You can use other gluten-free bread or regular baguette torn into bite-size pieces.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- This salad will be good with any green, you can use baby spinach, collard greens or even cabbage.
- The same with the toppings. I love raw veggies but you could use, roasted vegetables, like roasted beets, roasted cauliflower… anything will taste good here.
- Here are other of my favorite salad recipes that I’ve posted over the years: Summer Panzanella with cherries, salad with magic cilantro dressing, Healthy vegan Caesar salad, Mexican Quinoa Salad, and a Brussel sprout salad.
- I used a very simple shallot red vinegar dressing, that is great to have in the fridge and serve with other recipes.
- You can buy these crackers on Amazon.
So here is the recipe for this
- 4-6 handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and shaved
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 beets sliced
- ¼ chopped walnuts
- 1 box Rosemary Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers from Simple Mills
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put all the salad ingredients in a salad platter.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a lid. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Drizzle to your taste over the salad.
- Serve immediately.