Someone was talking about an avocado and zucchini salad, and I never thought it would be good. But one of those days when you arm yourself with courage, I decided to try it, and I loved it. This salad is fresh; it is different, it is delicious and super easy to make. When you try it, you will see why.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE AVOCADO AND zucchini SALAD
- Onion. The onion is chopped into small squares. As small as you can. You can substitute it for red onion, shallots, or scallions.
- White wine vinegar. The idea is to use mild vinegar; you can use champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar .
- Zucchini cut in strips, noodles, or diced. Zucchini in this salad is raw; I like to buy tender zucchini because it has less water than very large or very ripe zucchini. They should be at their point since you want the salad to be crunchy and delicious.
- Diced avocado
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, you can also use Kosher salt or Himalayan salt.
HOW TO MAKE RAW zucchini and avocado SALAD?
- The first thing is to cut the onion and put it in vinegar. The vinegar takes away the bite and spiciness of the onion but leaves it crisp and perfect.
- The second thing is to prepare the zucchini. There are three different ways to prepare it. The first is to use a spiralizer and make noodles. The second way to prepare it by dicing the zucchini, this way, you don’t need any special kitchen gadget or appliance. And the third way is to use a julienne cutter.
- The third thing to do is assemble the salad and cut the avocado. In a bowl, put the zucchini, and on top, add the diced avocado. Garnish with the pickled onion, a tablespoon of oil, and salt.
TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT PUMPKIN AND AVOCADO RECIPE
- Normally I always tell you that the best thing to do is to season all your food by layers. When we do this, the final flavor is incredible. Well, for this recipe, you are NOT going to add salt; season it at the very end. When we work with zucchini or another vegetable with high water content, it is better to season at the end. The salt draws the moisture out of the ingredients.
- If you are taking this salad to a picnic or a friend’s house, put it together when you arrive not before.
- The same at home; prepare this raw zucchini recipe just before eating it. You can have the onion already cut and the zucchini as well. But don’t put the salad together until before you sit down at the table.
IDEAS TO SERVE THE ZUCCHINI SALAD
- It is perfect if you serve it as a starter with some totopos ( fried or baked corn tortillas cut in triangles).
- It can also be served as a side for a vegan burger.
- You can serve it on top of quinoa or brown rice.
- On top of some good toasted homemade bread to make it as loaded avocado toast.
Other recipes that you may like:
- Zucchini noodles with Pistachio Pesto
- Zucchini noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes
- Zucchini tacos with popcorn
- Chocolate muffins with zucchini
- Zucchini Carpaccio
Ok, so you should definitely try this avocado and zucchini salad recipe because I really think you’ll truly love it! Anyways, here is the recipe for this avocado and zucchini salad that is so so good. You can serve it as an appetizer, as a side dish, or even with tortilla chips; anyway, it’s fantastic. Make it, and if you like it, please share the picture on Instagram or FB. If you’re gonna make it later, save it on Pinterest.
Avocado and zucchini salad
- 2-3 tablespoons white onion minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 zucchini diced or in noodles
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Put the onion and vinegar in a bowl and wait for 10 min. Add the zucchini noodles and avocado and mix carefully.Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a pinch of salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This is the julienne vegetable peeler I use. If you click the image you will see it on Amazon (affiliate link). But if you do not have one and not planning on buying one, dice the zucchini. The most important thing in the kitchen is to have fun and create healthy and delicious meals that your family will love.