This recipe for roasted eggplant dip, baba ghanoush is the perfect recipe for snacking the right way, the healthy way.
Eggplant is one of the vegetables I tried as a grown-up. And even though I wanted to try it, I always got intimidated by its form, size and all the negative stories I heard of it growing up. When I saw those giant purple balloons at the grocery store I usually ran away from them and remembered all the things I used to hear about it. But now I can assure you that all of those stories are myths.
Eggplants are not bitter.
Eggplants are not difficult to cook with.
Eggplants do NOT taste awful, they are DELICIOUS.
Baba ganoush is so, so easy to make.
So, one day, I was brave enough to try it and fell in love immediately.
This vegetarian eggplant dip, baba ganoush, is to die for. It is easy, and flavorful. And if you like hummus you’ll love this option.
tips, tricks & other recipes
Here are some tips and tricks to make the best baba ganoush EVER.
- You can toast the eggplant in a toaster oven a cast iron griddle , in the oven or stove.
- It is best to use a food processor for this recipe. I like it very creamy so I let the food processor run for a while.
- Some baba ghanoush recipes call for garlic. I don’t use garlic in my recipe but if you like it try adding a small raw or roasted garlic to it.
- Try using a good flavorful olive oil in this recipe. I use very good olive oil with a bright flavor any time a recipe calls for it in its raw form.
- Try to buy the best tahini you can find, I like the kind of tahini that is smooth, it is easier to measure and add to the recipe.
- Here are some recipes that go well with baba ganoush: falafel, hummus with mushrooms, brown rice, homemade crackers.
Here is the recipe for
baba ghanoush, roasted eggplant dip
- 1 medium / large eggplant to give you a cup of cooked flesh
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon the juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- * chopped parsley, mint or cilantro for serving optional
- In the oven, stove or toaster oven roast eggplant. Keep turning to roast it evenly.
- When thoroughly roasted and browned everywhere. Cut it in half and scoop out the flesh and put it in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add olive oil, salt, tahini and lemon juice.
- Pulse well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Put it in a bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with pita chips or melbas.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.