This banana and acai ice cream has so many benefits for our body that you can even eat it for breakfast. It is terrific vegan ice cream, and it only has four ingredients; it is dairy-free ice cream, without refined sugar or unhealthy fats.
Açai is the fruit of the açai palm found in the tropical forests of South America. Its shape is very similar to grapes, its color is impressive and robust purple, and they have a very large seed inside. The meat and skin have a very high concentration of nutrients.
How to buy it? You can buy the pulp frozen on the freezer section of the grocery aisle. You can also find it as powder on its own or in superfood mixes. I buy them in both presentations, but for this banana and açai ice cream, I do prefer the frozen one.
Why is açai so powerful?
Açai berries have tons of benefits and are considered an excellent source for many things and many uses. You can find them in skincare products, vitamins, and smoothie and protein powders.
Açai berries are rich in fiber and have super-powerful antioxidants. So this ice cream is super healthy and very easy to make.
The ingredients for this banana and açaci ice-cream are:
- Frozen bananas. It is very easy to freeze bananas, just peel them, cut them into slices, put them in a freezer bag, and wait about 4 hours or overnight.
- Frozen açai pulp. I like the Sambazon brand, but any other will do.
- Sweetener, I use maple syrup in this recipe, but feel free to use any other that you like. Coconut sugar, and cane sugar will work great.
- Vanilla*opcional. I like adding vanilla to this recipe because I feel that its flavor brings this ice cream to a dessert level instead of a smoothie bowl (which you know I also love).
✎TIP For that the bananas not to stick together while they freeze: • cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper • put the banana slices separate from one an other • put in the cookie sheet in the freezer and when frozen keep in a freezer bag
How to make açai ice cream?
To make this delicious and vegan nice cream you just have to blend all the ingredients in a food processor . This recipe for açai ice cream is as simple as that- JUST PULSE OR BLEND.
This homemade banana ice cream is so healthy that you can even give it to children for breakfast. If you serve this outstanding breakfast during the summer you can even say is a fun sundae and top it with fruit and granola.
✨give it a twist
- This recipe only has 4 ingredients: banana, acai, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- But if you want you could also add or switch:
So here is the recipe for this banana and acai ice cream with superpowers and I hope you like it. Please share the blog. If you do make this recipe please do not forget to tell me how was it and post a picture on FB or Instagram to see it.
You can also save it on Pinterest if you want to prepare it later. It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or if you tell me how it went in the comments section.
Banana and açai ice-cream
- Food processor
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 oz frozen açai
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extact
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and let it run until creamy and delicious.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.