This recipe for banana s’mores is the perfect recipe for any person with gluten allergies or sensitivities or when you have an overripe banana that needs to be used.
My girls saw this recipe at Saveur or Bon appetite (do not remember) but we just had to make it. It is also a great way to use overripe bananas. At home nobody wants to eat them. I use Dandies marshmallows, they are not healthy, but they are not super unhealthy full of chemicals and high fructose corn syrup like other brands. It is a gluten-free vegan s’more, for me this is heaven! Yummy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup small marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds to serve
- To prepare the banana, peel it only from one side, leave a small part attached.
- Scoop away some pulp and add marshmallows and dark chocolate.
- Cover chocolate and marshmallow with the banana peel. Wrap on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Do the same with the other bananas.
- Put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When ready remove from the foil and completely peel the loose peel.
- Top with chopped almonds and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Oven should be pre-heated around 350ºF.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.