This berry chia seed jam is perfect with oats, ice cream, bread, anything…
This berry chia seed jam started as a topping for pancakes, but we slowly started using it for everything. It is so good, healthy and easy to prepare, that once you try it, completely you will have a hard time stop eating it. The good thing is that it comes together in a pinch, really… it is that easy.
My kids even eat it alone, as dessert or snack to take to school and I love it. Chia seeds are full of antioxidants and omega-3’s. Among other healthy properties, they help us to stay hydrated, and they have tons of fiber.
This berry chia seed jam is amazing with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or a combination of all.
Related content: Oats and apple pancakes
To prepare the healthiest berry chia seed of all time (lol) you have to…
- Add the frozen berries, chia seeds and sugar (if using) in a small pot
- Turn on the heat to low and wait until the berries are thawed
- Mix everything… and that’s it. Really, it is that easy
So here is the recipe for the jam that will completely change your life. With this berry chia seed jam, you’ll become the coolest mom on earth because you’ll let your kids eat JAM with everything. So, here is the recipe for
the best berry chia seed jam
Berry chia seed jam
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons turbinado sugar brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- In a saucepan over very low heat add the frozen berries with the sugar and chia seeds. Stir slowly and with the back of a spoon crush the berries as much as you can.
- Stir and pour into a jar with a lid. Let it cool and add the lemon juice if using. Let it sit for a couple of hours until the chia seed fully absorbs the liquid.
This recipe is republished from February 2014.