Raw broccoli is wonderful, both in taste and nutrition. If you have never tried it, this vegan broccoli salad with diced apple, celery, and a perfect Dijon vinaigrette is your chance.
I know that broccoli is not everyone’s favorite vegetable. And that many run every time they see it. I genuinely love broccoli, and I think you already realized it, right? Here at home, we easily eat like three broccoli heads a week; I know it is a little crazy. But according to Dr. Michael Greger’s book, every day, we should eat a vegetable from the cruciferous family: broccoli, kale, cauliflower, cabbage, etc.
These vegetables from the cruciferous family have superpowers and help us with a “million” things. Broccoli is one of those vegetables that gives us the most and has the most benefits. This vegan broccoli salad is made with raw broccoli, but if you don’t feel like trying this vegetable raw, you can make it with steamed or roasted broccoli.
✎TIP In case you prepare the salad with steamed broccoli, steam it until crispy. Same with roasted broccoli. Which ever method you choose please, please do not give your children and family overcooked broccoli. I LOVE boroccoli and not even me will eat like that.
How to make the best broccoli salad?
- The first step is to make the vinaigrette in a jar. You can also make it in a bowl or in the salad bowl that you are going to use.
- The second step is to chop the vegetables and the apple into small pieces.
- The third step is to mix everything perfectly well.
THE BEST WAY TO CUT the VEGETABLES FOR the SALAD
Broccoli. Put the head of the broccoli facing down on a cutting board and cut it in half. Cut the thick stem and set aside and from then on, slowly cut the florets more or less the same size. Save the thick stalks and what you don’t use to make a creamy broccoli soup later.
Apple. Anyway, cut it in half, remove the core, and slice it. Then cut those slices into strips and then put them together to cut into small dices.
Celery. Put the stem facing down, make several cuts lengthwise (cut from stem to tip), and then cut horizontally to dice it.
When you have all the vegetables and apple chopped, add them to the bowl, add the raisins and pour in the dressing. Mix well and serve immediately. So here is the recipe for this vegan broccoli salad with diced apple, and I hope you like it. If you do, please share the recipe on Instagram and Fb. If you want to prepare it later, save it on Pinterest.
This salad is a perfect as a side dish with:
Best vegan broccoli salad
- 2 cups of broccoli cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup apple diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 of cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 of cup of raisins
- 1 clove of garlic squeezed or minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar and mix well. Season, taste, and adjust if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, put all the salad ingredients and mix carefully. Add the dressing little by little until all is well coated.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.