This is the best vegan potato salad ever, it is easy, flavorful, different and perfect…
Yes, it is perfect in every way. It is perfect for a picnic, it is perfect as a side dish when eating a delicious roasted vegetable sandwich or any other sandwich. It is perfect for a potluck or on its own. This is really the best vegan potato salad. It has no egg, no mayo, no cheese or another non-vegan ingredient.
This salad is completely plant-based and plant-powered and delish. Let me tell you a bit about it… I like to start with minced white onion and a little bit of white wine vinegar. Then I add celery, black olives, capers, and tons of parsley… yum right??? And then I finish it with olive oil and salt and pepper. Really, it is easy, delicious and perfect for every occasion.
So here is the recipe for the
best vegan potato salad
and I hope you like it as much as I do. Please share it on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla and #piloncilloyvainilla so I can see it and share it with the rest of this amazing community. Let me know in the comments if you ate it with a sandwich or took it to a party or you just devoured… I wanna know!
The best vegan potato salad
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1-2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil optional
- 2-3 tablespoons of chopped parsley optional
- salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes cooked and peeled
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl add the onion and the vinegar. Set aside.
- When the potato is cooked, roughly chop in bite-size pieces and
- add it to the bowl with the onion and vinegar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Test for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- If you want to turn this salad into a heartier dish, add navy beans and serve it on a piece of toasted baguette. Serve with a green salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.