Probably you are wondering why I named this cookies better chocolate chip cookies. It is because of the ingredients I used to make them.
Probably you are wondering why I named this cookies better chocolate chip cookies. It is because of the ingredients I used to make them. These banana oatmeal cookies are perfect when you’re in the mood for something sweet. These better chocolate chip cookies are made with banana, apple sauce and have nothing traditional. These cookies are perfect with as an afternoon lift me up or when you are feeling a little down.
Related content: cookies
I’ve been a bit down lately, I do not recognize the world in which I live. The saddest thing for me is that the people who are there to take care of us, to help us, to make us grow as a country, as a society … are instilling so much fear, lies, and anger. I hate to see that they do not believe that the actions we take now will impact on the future of our children and grandchildren and all who come after. So, if I used to buy products that take care of the earth, the planet, now I’m going to do it more often and with more pleasure.
The good thing is that we all can make the difference every time we buy something. The sprouted wheat flour, I used to make these cookies comes from the brand OneDegree. Of course, you can do it with any flour. But if you get one that supports the well-being of the planet and it is not artificially processed, that is a major WIN.
Here is the recipe for these
better chocolate chip cookies
and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And please, please, buy good products, support the good companies that support our farmers and our land.
Better chocolate chip cookies
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup apple puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup of coconut or cane sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 11/4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 11/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the banana with the applesauce.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, when everything is well-integrated add flour, a pinch of salt and the baking powder.
- Mix well, add the oats and chocolate.
- On a baking sheet, prepared with a silicone mat or baking paper scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough, flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before eating.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.