Yes the title is right, these are black bean brownies. This is a vegan recipe with the option of making it gluten-free as well. They are very easy to make and the best thing is that they do not taste like black beans but they have all the fiber and protein of them. They are delicious with the perfect texture of soft and moist brownies on the inside and perfect on the edges.
How to make black bean brownies?
Making black bean brownies is the easiest thing to do, I promise you. You put all the ingredients in the blender or in the, pureé until smooth and that’s it.
Pour the mixture into a 9 x9 in square baking mold, finish with walnuts and chopped dark chocolate. Pop them into the oven.
When they come out of the oven, you have to let them cool completely and cut them into large pieces. I like to put them in a cakes stand, and I leave them on the kitchen counter, so every time my children are hungry, they stop by and get one.
Which ingredients do you need?
- Black beans. I use black beans for color more than anything. You can use home-cooked beans or canned beans. It is important that you save the liquid you cooked the beans or the one in the can. It is also used to make these brownies.
- Ground flax. Ground flax seeds, when mixed with a liquid, they are a perfect substitute for eggs. It’s the vegan egg, 😉.
- Almond butter. Use whatever almond butter you have at home. It can be crunchy, creamy, really, whatever you have.
- Cocoa powder. When you buy cocoa buy the one that says 100% cocoa , natural and unsweetened.
- Sugar, vanilla, salt, flour (optional), and baking powder.
- Walnut and diced dark chocolate. These ingredients are to finish the brownies. And I’m on the nut-brownie team, are you too?
And I imagine that you surely have a question that I have not answered. Yes, the million-dollar question, right?
Are black bean brownies actually good?
Yes, they are. They taste like brownies. THEY DO NOT TASTE OF BLACK BEANS. They are perfect, moist, and soft in the center. I can tell you that even the person with the best palate does not even notice the beans in there. Also, you can make these brownies gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour or do not use it at all.
✎TIP If you still have questions about the bean flavor, do these simple tricks: • Rinse the beans with water until the water runs completely clear. • Instead of aquafaba (bean liquid) use almond milk.
Here are other vegan recipes with chocolate that I am sure you will love:
So here is the recipe for these black bean brownies, and I hope you like them as much as we do. When you make them, please take a picture and put it onor so we all can see it. It would also be fantastic if you leave your comments in the section below and rate it with five stars.
Black bean brownies
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed grounded
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of cocoa
- ¼ cup flour optional
- ⅔ cup of walnuts
- ⅔ cup of dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor or blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a 9×9-inch square pan lined with parchment paper or greased with vegetable oil or vegan butter. Finish with the walnuts and chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
If you have doubts about how much liquid the canned beans you are using have, take 6 tablespoons of liquid out of the can and strain the rest.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.