This kale and black bean vegan Instant pot soup would be ready and hot, and delicious for you when you arrive home. Yes, it is truly a nutritious and delicious meal that will be waiting for you.
Why will you like this soup?
This black bean soup is everything you want in a soup. It is nourishing, it has that umami flavor that makes it so tasty for all my family. It is just amazing! But what I love more about it is that when I come home from soccer practice or driving, the kids around dinner is ready.
I hope you like this kale and black bean soup as much as we do. Another bonus of this recipe is that it acts as a base; you can finish it with whatever you want. You could use lettuce, tortilla chips, more veggies, salsa, etc.
Ingredients for the instant pot black bean soup
- Oil, you can use it or skip it. If you decide to use it, use neutral-tasting oil, like avocado or safflower.
- Onion, chopped or sliced onion works well in this recipe.
- Tomatoes, this recipe is perfect for using over-ripe tomatoes. You could also use canned tomatoes or homemade tomato sauce.
- Cumin, you could use the whole seed or ground cumin. I prefer the ground version.
- Coriander, same as the cumin seeds, you could use it the seed whole or ground.
- Garlic powder, not garlic salt, there is a huge difference.
- Black beans, soaked or not soaked
- Water or vegetable stock.
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen.
How to make this vegan black bean soup?
The Instant- Pot has been a game-changer for me. I can not recommend it; enough, it is a kitchen gadget that is totally worth buying. But if you don’t have it, do not worry; you can also make this black bean vegan soup on the stove. First step:
- Instant-pot method: Turn on the Insta on the sauté function and add the oil and the chopped onion. Let it saute for three minutes, add the tomatoes, the spices, the salt, and the black beans. Add water and cover, set the instant pot on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do not forget to move the knob on the lid to the sealed position.
- Crockpot, add your ingredients and set it up for 4 hours on high or until beans are cooked. If your crockpot has the sauté function sauté the onion and spices before.
- Stove. To prepare this vegan black bean soup on the stove, add the oil and sauté the aromatics and spices, then ad the rest of the ingredients and cook until the black beans are soft.
Second step: This is for all of the methods, no matter where you cook them. When the beans are soft and fully cooked add the corn and the kale. The kale will wilt with the heat of the soup.
How to give this soup a twist?
- If you want to make this soup even faster, use canned beans
- Add a teaspoon of chipotle peppers to make it spicy and smokey
- Add spinach if you don’t have kale or even use beet greens or collard greens.
- Use fresh or frozen corn.
- Add some salsa verde to make it even more flavorful.
To finish up this soup you can use anything that you want. For example:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”RcigM129″ upload-date=”2020-04-06T19:03:09.000Z” name=”Sopa de frijol negro con kale y elote – Kale and black bean vegan instant pot soup” description=”Esta sopa de frijol negro con kale y elote es una receta salvavidas. Pones todos los ingredientes en la instapot o crock-pot, la tapasa, la programas y cuando estes lista para comer terminas la sopa a tu gusto. ” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this kale and black bean vegan Instant Pot soup and I hope you like it. If you do, please share a picture of your creation on FB or Instagram. If you are going to make this later, save it on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Black bean soup with kale and corn
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 medium roughly chopped tomatoes or pulsed in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon cumin grounded
- 1 teaspoon coriander grounded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups black beans soaked or not soaked
- 4 cups water
- 4 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Scallions chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- Cream or yogurt I use cashews cream and yogurt
- Turn on the Instant pot on the sauté function, add the oil and the chopped onion. Let it saute for three minutes, add the tomatoes, the spices, the salt and the black beans. Add water and cover. If you use the Instapot do not forget to move the sealing knob on the lid. Set the intstant pot on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When the beans are soft and fully cooked, add the corn and the kale. The kale will wilt with the heat of the soup.
- Top each bowl of soup with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.