This kale and black bean vegan Insta pot soup would be ready and hot and delicious for your when you arrive home.
I love this soup it is just amazing! But what I love more about it more is that when I come home from soccer practice or driving the kids around dinner is ready. I hope you like this kale and black bean soup as much as we do. Another bonus of this recipe is that is acts as a base; you can finish it up with whatever you want. You could use lettuce, tortilla chips, more veggies, salsa, etc.
The Insta Pot has been a game changer for me. I can not recommend it more; it is a kitchen gadget that is totally worth buying.
Related content:Black bean soup with masa harina dumplings
Related content: Sloppy Joes
Video (42 seconds):
kale and black bean vegan Insta pot soup
and I hope you like it. If you do, please share, the recipe and the blog.
Black bean soup with kale and corn
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 medium roughly chopped tomatoes or pulsed in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon cumin grounded
- 1 teaspoon coriander grounded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups black beans soaked or not soaked
- 4 cups water
- 4 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Scallions chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- Cream or yogurt I use cashews cream and yogurt
- Turn on the Insta on the sauté function, if your pot does not have one, no worries. Add the oil and the chopped onion. Let it saute for three minutes, add the tomatoes, the spices, the salt and the black beans. Add water and cover, if you use the Instapot do not forget to move the sealing knob on the lid, set the intsta pot on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- If you use the crockpot, set it up for 4 hours on high or until beans are cooked.
- You can also make this soup on the stove, follow the same process.
- You can also use 3 cans of cooked black beans instead of the dried beans.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.