I am 100% sure this white wine slushie with blueberries will become one of your favorite summer drinks. It is fresh, delicious, and can be made with any white wine you have at home. For me, it is the perfect drink for a day at the pool or to have with friends at the beach.
Ingredients to make this white wine slushie
- White Wine. You can use which ever white wine you like most. I used Pinot Grigio for this recipe, but I have also made it with Chardonnay and Riesling, any white wine goes well with this recipe.
- Lavander Syrup To make this recipe, we have to make a simple lavander syrup. In a saucepan add a cup of water with a cup of sugar and set over medium heat and then add a few springs of dried lavander. This will make a delicious syrup.
- Frozen Blueberries. If you can’t find any blueberries, use blackberries or cherries.
How to make the white wine slushie?
It is very, very easy to make. First I will give you the method that I use, which I did to take these photos. Then I’ll give you some tricks in case you want to do it faster.
- Original method. Freeze the wine in an ice tray for a few hours before you make the wine slushie. While the wine is freezing, prepare the lavender simple syrup and allow it to cool. When the wine is frozen, remove the cubes from the tray and blend with the frozen blackberries and two or three tablespoons of lavender syrup. Serve in glasses and garnish with a sprig of dried lavender.
- Faster way. Prepare the lavender simple syrup, and put in the refrigerator to cool down faster. When it is at room temperature, mix the frozen blueberries with a bottle of cold white wine and serve in glasses. With this method the texture of the slushie remains a little less icy, but it is still delicious.
Tips & tricks
- What kind of wine should I use? You don’t have to buy expensive white wine, really any wine works very well. I like to buy organic wines and that are free of additives. But the truth is that any type wine works well.
- What do I substitute blueberries with? You can substitute them with frozen blackberries, with frozen cherries or frozen raspberries.
- Where do I buy dried lavender? Dried lavender can be found in the spice or tea section of your grocery store. Or outright order it on Amazon. When I buy it, I like to buy the twigs and not just the flowers, I use them to decorate desserts and other drinks.
- What type of ice tray is the best to freeze the wine? The one you have. It really doesn’t have much science, any ice tray works well. The one I use came as a gift in a cooler, 🤣.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe and I hope you like it as much as I do. When you make it take a picture of it and share it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest. It would also be fantastic if you could give it 5 stars and share with me your ideas or comments.
BLUEBERRY LAVANDER WINE SLUSHIE
- 1 bottle white wine
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lavender syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs of lavender or to taste
- Pour the bottle of wine into an ice tray and place in the freezer until the ice is formed.
- In a small saucepan add the cup of water, the cup of sugar and put on a low heat. When the sugar is almost dissolved add the lavender sprigs. Leave until the sugar is completely dissolved and has the consistency of syrup. Let it cool.
Bluberry Lavander Slushie
- Blend the frozen wine, with the blueberries and 3 tablespoons of lavender syrup. Taste and adjust the flavor if necessary. Finish with a sprig of lavender in each glass and drink immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.