This broccoli and greens (leafy greens)with navy beans soup will change your typical broccoli soup recipe 100%. This soup is packed with plant-based protein, and all the good stuff about the leafy greens and broccoli —it-is-simply the best.
Broccoli, greens, and beans soup is the only thing I wanted to eat yesterday; I’ll tell you why.
This vegan broccoli soup is the absolute best. It is the typical soup that you can eat for lunch or dinner, it is super fast to make and it has everything you need to be super happy, full of energy, and healthy.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BROCOLI SOUP
- Olive oil, buy olive oil that comes in glass bottles or dark packaging. Check the labels and check that it only contains olive oil and is not a mixture of vegetable oils.
- Onion, you can substitute with shallots. Use the onion that you have at home, yellow, white, red, etc.
- Garlic. Garlic is full of superpowers and I love putting it on everything. Did you know that garlic has components that act as a natural antibiotic?
- Salt. Use kosher salt or sea salt.
- Broccoli. Use fresh broccoli, Let the green be impressive and bright. Don’t buy broccoli that is yellow or old.
- Water or vegetable broth.
- Greens: spinach, kale, baby spinach, or a mixture of chard, spinach, and kale, etc. This soup is perfect for when the green leaves that you have in the fridge are already a little wilted.
- Cilantro, leaves, and stems.
- Navy beans. Navy beans, canned or home-cooked.
- Dill, fresh or dried.
- Lemon juice for serving, because everything tastes better with a little lemon juice at the end.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI SOUP?
As easy as sautéing the onion and garlic, add the broccoli and your choice’s liquid. Then the green leaves, the beans, the cilantro, and the dill.
Season and blend with an immersion blender or a blender, and voila.
Serve with a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice. And if you want, you can decorate it with broccoli florets, green leaves, and chopped cilantro.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI, GREENs , AND BEAN SOUP?
- Because it’s delicious.
- It is also done super fast.
- It lasts in the fridge for about a week.
- So you can make a huge pot on Monday or Sunday and you already have a dish ready for the week.
- It is perfect for a detox.
- Or for kids who don’t like vegetables that much: beans, cilantro, and lemon make it taste delicious.
Other recipes that you my like:
This broccoli and greens soup is one of the best soups ever. It is easy to prepare, hearty, and full of greens, which translates into full benefits. It is the kind of soup that is so healthy and powerful that it will become a staple in your home. It has broccoli, a bunch of greens, cilantro, and navy beans. It is perfect for a light lunch or as a starter for dinner.
Here is the recipe, hope you like it, and if you do please share on FB, Instagram or save it for later on Pinterest. It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Broccoli and greens soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch spinach or 3 large handfuls of greens kale, spinach, etc.
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves and stems
- 1½ cups white beans cooked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- * 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill *optional
- Lemon juice for serving
- In a large pot with lid, over medium heat, add the tablespoon of olive oil, onion, garlic and half a teaspoon of salt. Leave for about 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and leave for about five minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Add water and spinach. Cover and let it simmer.
- When broccoli is completely soft, add the cilantro, dill (if you’re using) and beans.
- Blend carefully with a food processor or blender. Check for seasoning, add salt and black pepper.
- Before serving drizzle with lemon juice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.