This broccoli and greens soup is one of the best soups ever. It is easy to prepare, hearty and full of greens, which translates in full of benefits. It is the kind of soup that it is so healthy and powerful that will become a staple in your home. It has broccoli, a bunch of greens, cilantro and navy beans. It is perfect for a light lunch or as a start for dinner.
Other ideas:Broccoli soup with cilantro
Here is the recipe, hope you like it, and if you do please share.
Broccoli and greens soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch spinach or 3 large handfuls of greens kale, spinach, etc.
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves and stems
- 11/2 cups white beans cooked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- * 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Lemon juice to serve
- In a large pot with lid, over medium heat, add the tablespoon of olive oil, onion, garlic and half a teaspoon of salt. Leave for about 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and leave for about five minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Add water and spinach. Cover and let it simmer.
- When broccoli is completely soft, add the cilantro, dill (if you're using) and beans.
- Blend carefully with a food processor or blender. Check for seasoning, add salt and black pepper.
- Before serving drizzle with lemon juice.