This recipe for vegan broccoli soup with cashews is ridiculosly good and easy to make, it is creamy, delicious, and very healthy.
This broccoli soup might look like the same old broccoli soup, but I can assure you it’s not the case! This broccoli soup is top notch in taste and nutrients, at least I think so and even love the color and overall look of it.
We all know that broccoli is a nutrient powerhouse and I have to tell you we eat it here at home any which way it can be prepared. We like to eat it raw, roasted, and even Sergio who says is not a fan seems to enjoy it. What I love about broccoli is that there are a lot of ways to prepare it and it also pairs up very well with a lot of different foods. It is absolutely delightful with pasta, tomato, lemon, rice…with absolutely everything.
This broccoli soup with cashews is not like any other. The taste is, and it turns out super creamy. I promise you will enjoy every single spoonful. The secret is to top it off with a special garnish (more so a gremolata although it’s not the regular parsley, garlic and lemon one) made with basil, cashew and olive oil.
Here is the recipe for this
BROCCOLI SOUP WITH CASHEWS
which is unbelievably good. I am serious, the garnish on top is so delicious that I ended up eating the little leftover that remained in the bowl with a piece of bread, but shh… don’t tell anyone…haha and at least no one saw me.
Broccoli soup with cashews
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 6 cups of broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup basil * optional
- 1/2 cup unroasted cashews
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- zest of a large lemon
- lemon juice to taste
- a good pinch of sea salt
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat put the oil and garlic. Leave it for about two minutes, add the broccoli and the water and the broth. Cover and let cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When the broccoli begins to change color add the fresh basil if using and the cashews. Cover and leave for about five more minutes.
- Blend and return to the pot.
- Test for seasoning and adjust if necessary, also check if it needs more liquid. If you need more liquid, add vegetable broth or water.
- To make the topping, chop the basil and put it in a bowl with the
- chopped cashews and the lemon zest. Mix well, add the salt and gradually add the olive oil.
- Test and check if you need a few drops of lemon juice.
- Top the soup with one or two tablespoons of this.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.