This recipe is for cauliflower fried rice, or I should say fried rice without rice is delicious. It is full of flavor, vegan protein, and it is very easy to prepare.
I do not know if you’ve seen that cauliflower rice is super trendy, well it’s not really rice. The truth is it’s just a way to make cauliflower. That is the beauty of cauliflower, not only does it have millions of benefits, but it is also a super flexible vegetable, and it adapts to millions of dishes. It tastes delicious in soups, roasted, raw, etc. I love cauliflower and always prepare it in a thousand different ways.
My children also like it a lot and never complain when we have it for dinner. So this recipe is 100% kid-friendly.
A few years ago, when I tried to make it for the first time, it did not look or tasted this good, but I kept trying until I nailed the process. And with practice, I realized several mistakes I had made in the past. Let me share my mistakes with you.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”L1GlmZFv” upload-date=”2020-04-02T21:03:09.000Z” name=”Arroz frito de coliflor (1)” description=”Este es un arroz frito de coliflor o mejor dicho un arroz frito sin arroz.” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
Do not do the same mistakes I made:
- Like adding too much cauliflower in the food processor . What happens when you overfill the bowl of the food processor is that some cauliflower chunks turn into a paste and the rest stay intact.
- The SOLUTION is to cut the cauliflower into equal pieces and add them little by little to the processor bowl. Pulse several times and double-check that all of the pieces are getting ground. You don’t want giant pieces fluttering around. If there are some, take them out.
- My mistake # 2 was that I prepared it like steamed rice. It doesn’t taste good like that, to make delicious cauliflower rice, it is best if you add some aromatics while it cooks. Add garlic, onion, salt, herbs, olive oil, and make it taste good. But the truth is that my favorite recipe for this is still this fried cauliflower rice.
- My third mistake was that the texture wasn’t always right, sometimes it was like beaten rice instead of being delicious and with a normal rice texture. My solution was to use a larger pan, so more cauliflower touches the hot surface of the pan.
It may sound confusing, but the truth is that it’s quick and easy, just learn from my mistakes. I’m sure that you will be blown away by this delicious dinner full of superpowers and full of vegetables of all the colors of the rainbow. If you have any questions, tell me in the comments section or ask me via email.
For now, here is the recipe for this
cauliflower fried rice
which is delicious and perfect for you. It is also a perfect recipe for your family to start experimenting with this type of “cauliflower rice.” If you liked it, please share the recipe and the blog and if you make it post it on INSTAGRAM with the hashtag #piloncilloyvainilla for me to see it!! Or share it on FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Cauliflower fried rice
- Food processor
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 250 grs. block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of avocado or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1-2 inch ginger grated
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup of grated carrots
- ¾ of cup corn kernels
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup roasted sesame seeds
- Cut the cauliflower in florets and put (by partin the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until all is about the size of rice grains. Set aside.
- Remove the extra firm tofu from the package, drain well and put in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until it finely chopped.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the tablespoon of vegetable oil, add the garlic and ginger. Sautee for three minutes and add the cauliflower, mix well. Leave it for five minutes or until the cauliflower is translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and continuously move so that it does not stick. Leave for 5 to 7 minutes or until all the veggies are done.
- Add the soy sauce, pinch of salt and roasted sesame oil, mix well and serve.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary, and serve.
- Finish each dish with chopped cilantro and roasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.