This chickpea noodle vegan soup made with vegetable broth, pasta, chopped vegetables, and chickpeas is the kind of soup you want to eat when you have a cold or the flu. This recipe is adapted from “Fuss-Free Vegan” from Sam T.
One of my dreams is to write a cookbook, that’s something it has been living in my mind forever… Hopefully one day I’ll do it. That is why, when Sam asked about sharing her cookbook… I said yes! I love celebrating other people’s success and sharing it with you. All of the recipes in Sam’s book are really fuss-free, they are easy to follow and delicious.
I chose to prepare this recipe because I love comfort food, food that makes me feel I’m at my mom’s or grandma’s home eating a delicious bowl of soup and being pampered. Sam uses tofu in her recipe, I switched it for chickpeas (ran out of tofu when I prepared it, ?)but if Sams recommends tofu, I’m pretty sure it would be also amazing.
Related content: Crazy good black bean mole hamburgers
Related content: Crazy good Black bean burguers
Buy the bowl: SHOP- Piloncillo&Vainilla
So here is the recipe for this deliciuos and comfortyyyy (I think I just made up a word here)
chickpea noodle vegan soup
and I hope you like it. If you do please share and run to buy Sam’s new cookbook, you can buy it here. And do not forget to pin and share the recipe and the blog.
Chickpea noodle vegan soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped about one cup
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ white onion or yellow onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups thin pasta noodles or capellini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can chickpea drained or 1 1/2 cup home cooked chickpeas
- Heat in a large pot the olive oil, add the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, bay leaf, and thyme. Leave until onion is translucent and it is starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the vegetable broth and lift with a spoon the browned bits that are left at the bottom of the pot. Add water and pasta, low heat and let for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Add the chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.