What a thrill !!! We have the winners of the competition for May 2015 photo blog! I couldn’t have been happier to host the contest this month, I learned a lot. It was so difficult to select the winning picture among so many good pics ….
Bravo and a thousand congratulations to all for participating. And now if I here is this recipe for chickpea salad tartine. This salad can you serve it as a sandwich, as a burrito, with crackers, etc. Any way, I love it.
Here is the recipe, if you like it please share it.
Tartine de ensalada de garbanzo
- 2 cans of cooked chickpeas drained
- Veganaise 1/2 cup or whatever mayo you like
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl mix the mayonnaise, dijon, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a food processor mince chickpeas. Pulse a few times until they are crushed but be careful so they do not become as dough.
- Mix the beans with onion, celery and herbs. When everything is well integrated add mayonnaise mixture.
- Try it and add more salt if you feel it needs some more.
- Mix well and leave in the fridge covered for about 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice up a tomato and put it over a slice of ciabatta or baguette, add a tablespoon or two of chickpea salad.
- Prepare it just before serving.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.