This chickpea soup recipe with roasted avocado and charred lime is delicious. It’s the type of soup that makes you feel at home and pampered as soon as you try it.
The title for this soups is a bit long and fancy, but do not get distracted by it. This soup is hearty, delicious and very easy to prepare. You can make it with the roasted avocado and charred lime or just as is. I like to add the touch and smokiness of the roasted veggies because it gives it a bit more of a depth of flavor and takes this soup to the next level.
But the reality of things is that this soup is simple, nutritious and very hearty. When I was young I loved to come home to soups like this. I grew up in Mexico, and in my country lunch/dinner is served around 3:00 pm. So every time I got back home from school, lunch/dinner was already served.
When I was preparing this Chickpea soup I forgot to take pictures of the process or the ingredients, but the recipe is very easy to follow and it comes along without problems. This soup is perfect for rainy days, for cold days of days that you have like three minutes to eat. Here are other soup recipes that are as good as this one:
So here is the recipe for this chickpea soup with roasted avocado and charred lime and I hope you like it as much as we do. If you make it please take a picture of it and posted on, FB, Pinterest or Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla and tag it with #brownsugarandvanilla. I love taking a peek at your Insta accounts and love drooling over your creations.
I would also love to see your comments on this soup. Did you like it? Do you want more soups? Do you want more Mexican recipes? Let me know! And don’t forget to rate the recipe.
Chickpea soup with roasted avocado and charred lime
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 large tomatoes roughly chopped or a 28 oz. can
- 4-6 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 roasted red pepper optional *
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-6 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or two cans without the liquid
- 4 handfuls approx. fresh spinach
- 1 roasted avocado
- 1 charred lime
- In a soup pot over medium heat add the olive oil, be careful not to overheat it. Add the garlic and tomato until it starts to brown, about three minutes.
- Add the water, start with four cups, the salt, the roasted red pepper if you are using it and cover. Leave for about 15 minutes or until it releases the first boil.
- Blend everything in the blender or an immersion blender.
- Put the chickpeas and spinach, test for seasoning and check if you need to add more liquid. Cover and leave it for three or five minutes more over medium heat.
- Serve with diced grilled avocado
- and a little lemon juice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.