This is one of the recipes that I just can’t stop eating. I know, it has everything I love… these are chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos.
What could be more delicious than tacos? Mmmmm, it depends, but as much as I think of it… I can’t find something that I like more than tacos. There are many things that I love just as much as tacos, but no more, if that makes sense. I could eat tacos at every single meal. And these roasted chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos spicy, colorful slaw every day of the week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love them! They are super easy to make, super healthy and light.
Cauliflower is still going on a super trend. Everything is made of and with cauliflower. I imagine that have noticed that right? You can find it everywhere and prepared in a million thousand ways. I declare myself a super fan of it. Here are some recipes that have CAULIFLOWER:
But one thing I can tell you, this roasted cauliflower tacos recipe is one of my favorites. I love any roasted vegetables and more if it has the spicy and smoky chipotle bite. These tacos are my version more or less of the typical Mexican fish tacos.
The roasted cauliflower kind of replaces the fried fish. You serve them with a crunchy healthy slaw made with carrots, red cabbage, and a spicy chipotle dressing. You see, these tacos are delicious and full of nutrients. It is very important to eat raw vegetables every day. Isn’t this way a perfect way to have them?
And if at your household your people are still not huge fans of cauliflower and raw veggies, this is a great recipe to make them love it. The salad ads a great crunch to the tacos and it is creamy, a bit spicy and delicious. Best of all is that if you have leftovers you can eat it over rice, as a salad or in sandwiches.
So here is the recipe for these
chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos
Chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the salad:
- 4 large carrots julienned or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- corn tortillas to make the tacos
- cilantro* optional
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl mix oil, lemon juice, chipotle pepper, salt, and garlic powder. When everything is mixed add it to the chopped cauliflower. Be sure all of the pieces are well covered.
- Put cauliflower on a tray with parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 min. Check it in halfway through and rotate the tray.
- To prepare the crunchy slaw mix the mayo, chili powder, lemon juice, and salt. Add this dressing to the sliced red cabbage and grated carrots. Mix well and check for seasoning.
- To serve, put roasted cauliflower on top of a hot corn tortilla and top with the salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.