These chipotle roasted chickpeas are going to be your favorite things. I promise you. You can put them in salads, in soups instead of croutons or eat them like popcorn. They really are the best!
Right now it is summer, and it is so hot, the children have been inside the house a lot more than usual. And … of course, eating and eating whenever they can. So we made a new rule. For each serving of cookies or “junk food,” they have to eat either a cucumber, banana or something healthier. Unless what they are going to eat is something 100% super healthy like these chipotle roasted chickpeas.
They are the best because they taste so good. These roasted chickpeas taste amazing as a snack; they are a perfect substitute for someone allergic to nuts, they are great for finishing soups, salads, or on any dish that lacks a crunch or A BOOST of flavor.
You can make them perfectly with canned chickpeas or chickpeas cooked at home. You decide, if you use canned chickpeas make sure that they do not have other strange ingredients. Read the labels very well and look for cans that say BPA free if you can find them. And if you can get organic canned chickpeas that’s even better.
But anyway, for me the best chickpeas are the ones cooked at home. Cook a good batch and freeze the ones you are not going to use, this way you'll always have chickpeas ready.
TIPS, TRICKS & OTHER RECIPES:
- As I told you before, use the best chickpeas you can find. Organic or conventional.
- Pat dry the chickpeas thoroughly before putting them in the oven because less moisture creates more crunch.
- This recipe for chipotle roasted chickpeas is with chipotle chili powder, but if you think it is very hot, use ancho chili powder, paprika or just a mixture of spices. You can use this mixture of Latin species that its delicious.
- Imagine an appetizer board with these chickpeas, sweet potato chips, roasted kale or kale chips, hummus, vegetables with guacamole, chips and homemade salsa or homemade cream cheese … Wouldn’t it be the best?
- And if you want to use them in another way, put them over soups (like this tomato soup) or in salads this with this magical cilantro dressing.
Here is the recipe for these
chipotle roasted chickpeas
Which is the easiest recipe ever to prepare. It’s one of Sofia’s favorite things, she knows how to make them on her own, and she has been doing them since she was about nine years old. She didn’t add chipotle powder back then, she used paprika. So, if you like this recipe, please share it and the blog also. I would love to see how these chickpeas end up for you, so take a photo and post them on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla or FB or save them for later on Pinterest.
Chipotle roasted chickpeas
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or two cans of chickpea without liquid
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 450ºF.
- Put the chickpeas on one or two paper towels and pat them dry as much as possible.
- Put them on an oven tray and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well so all of the chickpeas are well covered.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Test and adjust salt if necessary.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.