Miko ate my glasses. He just loves to chew anything “dangerous” he finds around the house. He chews on scissors, cables and we found him trying to chew on a screwdriver once. So, when I arrived home and found a trail of smashed glass on the floor… I new it was him but I couldn’t believe he had finished with my glasses.
Thankfully, nothing happened to Miko. And just a few days after that, I received an email from Firmoo asking me to review their site and product. I was so excited to hear from them that I was getting a pair of free glasses. ??? that is what I call great timing!
Firmoo is an online company that specializes in glasses: sun glasses and prescription ones. It is very very cool, from your home you get to choose a lot of frames. You upload a picture from yourself and virtually try on all the frames that you want, then you just type in your numbers and voila!
It is that easy, you will receive your new glasses by mail. Mine came with extra screws (that I hide immediately from Miko’s site), a case and cool piece of cloth to clean them. I loved them so much that after trying them on I also ordered an extra pair, I need a pair for reading and working on my computer and a pair for distance seeing.
I made this biscotti recipe to show you my new glasses because what goes better with reading and coffee? Cookies, right!? And if they are HEALTHY, and delicious and chocolatey much better, RIGHT?????
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy it, make it and order a pair of Firmoo glasses. I’m very very happy with them!
Chocolate and pistachio biscotti
- 3/4 cup slivered almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until everything is perfectly well integrated.
- Add maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Mix slowly, it may seem it is not integrating properly, but be patient it will come together.
- When everything is well integrated add pistachios, mix and put everything on the tray.
- Form a rectangle half an inch thick.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 20 -25 minutes.
- Turn down the temperature in the oven at 275 ° F. When cold, slice with a bread knife or a serrated knife into an inch or so pieces.
- Put back on the tray and into the oven for 20-25 minutes more.
- Let them cool before trying.