These chocolate muffins are super quick and easy to make, and they always turn out delicious.
If you have been following me since the beginning, then you would know that I have a major obsession over dark chocolate. That’s why these muffins are super simple and yummy. Only this time I didn’t add nuts or zucchini. I found a recipe for a vegan chocolate bread from KiwiLimon, and I have been craving it ever since. I loved it so much, and it seemed like the perfect way to celebrate the first 15 days of the YOGA CHALLENGE that I’m doing!!
I was honestly thinking of posting a recipe for a green smoothie or something a little more related to yoga… but when I found the recipe in KiwiLimon for the super simple vegan muffins, I thought… why not just celebrate like this with these chocolate muffins or if you prefer the dark chocolate and almond muffins, here is the recipe.
I only made half of the original recipe, and I made a few small changes. I used coconut oil instead of canola oil because I like it better and it’s healthier. I also used natural cane sugar and apple cider vinegar instead of distilled white vinegar. Now, let me share with you this recipe for
that I made. If you like it make sure to share the recipe and my blog.
Vegan chocolate muffins
- 3/4 cup almond soy or rice milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 / 2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup apple puree
- 1/4 cup of coconut or avocado oil
- Preheats the oven to 350ºF and prepare a muffin tin with liners.
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all the powders very well. Add the oil, the applesauce and the preparation of milk with vinegar.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 muffins spaces.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.