This salad is made with black beans, brown rice, plantain chips and finished off with a magic and delicious cilantro dressing. And it is everything you need to eat to be strong and beautiful, imagine having it in a bowl! Isn’t it amazing!
A few weeks ago I received an amazing present from Follow your Heart. A company that makes vegan products, delicious and not cardboard tasting food. I got a sample of their mozzarella cheese, their pepper jack cheese in slices and of course my favorite … Vegenaise. The picture of all that I got is in my Instagram account if you wanna head over there and like my profile would be amazing.
The minute I opened the package and saw the products I knew I wanted to prepare and share something super simple and delicious. This magic cilantro dressing is a home run at my house. My kids love it and you could use it as a spread, a dip or dressing. As you can see, in this recipe and in this other, I am a huge fan of this product. It just makes my life easier and makes my kids eat all their veggies (check this recipe for green beans, one of the favorites around here).
Apart from all, this dressing does wonders in our body. Cilantro helps to eliminate toxins from our body and has many vitamins and minerals. Here is the recipe for this
magic cilantro dressing
that transforms what it touches …. Imagine super fresh lettuce, brown rice, black beans and plantain chips drizzled with it! Here is the recipe, and if you like it please share the recipe and the blog.
Salad with cilantro dressing
- 4 tablespoons Vegenaise
- 1 handful cilantro about 3/4 of a cup
- 1/2-1 jalapeño pepper
- 3 scallions white and light green part only
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 handfuls of mixed greens
- 11/2 cup brown rice
- 11/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup plantain chips
- In a food processor add the Vegenaise, cilantro, jalapeño, scallions, vinegar and salt. Pulse repeatedly until everything is well blended.
- Add water slowly, test and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- In a bowl, add greens, <g class="gr_ gr_153 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="153" data-gr-id="153">rice</g> and black beans. Mix well being careful not to smush all ingredients. Add dressing and end with plantains and pumpkin seeds.