This classic chai tea chia pudding has the perfect flavor combination o all the spices of chai tea and the benefits of chia.
This chia pudding is very light in texture and with tons of warm notes. It is the perfect pudding to start the morning if you serve some cashew yogurt on top or as a dessert if you serve this chai tea chia pudding with whipped coconut cream.
The tea is from Mountain Rose Herbs, and I have to tell you that from the moment I opened the box, I could smell the deliciousness of the tea.
Just imagine clove, cardamom, and cinnamon together. Delicious right? the complexity of flavors it’s really outstanding and I’m sure you haven’t tasted anything so delightful like this one.
I mean Mountain Rose is a company that knows exactly how to develop the perfect spice mix for the perfect classic chia tea. They have been offering high-quality organically grown herbs, spices, teas essential oils, DIY ingredients, and botanical goods since the first day of business.
You will notice that this is not the classic creamy vanilla or chocolate chia pudding recipe. For starters, I hydrated the chia seeds (which are also from Mountain Rose Herbs and are fantastic) with the classic chai tea mix.
tips, tricks & other recipes
In this list, you’ll find the perfect tricks to make outstanding chia puddings.
- Tip number one to make the best chia pudding is to whisk the chia seeds and the liquid. By whisking you will ensure that all of the ingredients and chia seeds are well incorporated.
- I like to serve the tea straight from my teapot, but if you like your chai tea with milk add it before adding the liquid to the chia seeds.
- For this recipe, I use coconut sugar and vanilla bean powder. I how easy is to cook with powdered vanilla and the perfumed aroma is really outstanding.
- This recipe serves two chia puddings, but you can easily duplicate it.
- If you like your chia puddings with fruit on top slice some bananas, mangoes, apples or peaches on top.
- Here are other recipes I have made on collaboration with Mountain Rose Herbs: spiced chickpea patties, crunchy chili oil
- Here are other recipes with chia seeds that are fantastic: mocha chia pudding, three-layer chia pudding, and the perfect vanilla chia pudding.
So here is the recipe for this
classic chai tea chia pudding
that is so light, it dissolves in your mouth. It is very easy to prepare and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it. Please share the recipe, the blog and Mountain Rose Herbs company on Instagram, Fb or save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Classic Chai Chia Pudding
- In a teapot with a diffuser, add 1 tablespoon of classic chai tea and pour the 8oz of boiling water over. Let is steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the chia seeds with the coconut sugar and the vanilla powder.
- When the tea is ready pour over the chia seeds mix and whisk.
- Let it stand for at least two hours to overnight. Serve and top with plain yogurt ( I use cashew yogurt) or whipped cream (I use vegan whipped cream).
- Finish with ground cinnamon, coconut sugar or fresh fruit.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.