This is the recipe for classic tomato soup, and it tasted like one that comes in a can. This vegan recipe is so easy to prepare and so delicious that it will soon become one of your favorite soups ever.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN TOMATO SOUP?
In a soup pot, add a little water or vegetable broth and cook:
- two stalks of celery
- small onion or half a medium medium
- carrots, two pieces peeled and cut into pieces
- garlic, two garlic cloves, peeled
- tomatoes, ripe and juicy and delicious
- When everything is cooked, you blend it in a food processor or the blender or with an immersion blender . You add salt, oregano, dried basil.
IDEAS TO SERVE this vegan TOMATO SOUP
- Roasted chickpeas, these chickpeas act as croutons, they are roasted with chipotle chili, and they are deliciously crunchy.
- It will also taste amazing if you finish it with a spoonful of classic vegan pesto (basil and parsley pesto)
- You may eat it with a cheddar cheese sandwich (I use the Miyoko’s) or a roasted vegetable sandwich.
- Another idea is to serve this soup with this no-knead bread.
- Or make croutons like in this broccoli soup recipe.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil to make it look beautiful.
This easy tomato soup is one of the most requested dinners in the house, children love it, and I love that they like it.
With this easy recipe tomato soup, it will take you 2 more minutes to prepare this soup “from scratch” than it takes to open a can of soup.
The benefits of making tomato soup at home are many: you gain all the benefits of tomato, carrot, and celery-like vitamin C, A, B6, and all the minerals like potassium and magnesium.
So here is the recipe for this tomato soup that is super easy to make, and I hope that you never return to canned tomato soup after trying it. The only different step from the canned soup is that you have to blend the ingredients. But other than that, there is no other.
Please make it and if you like it, share the blog or the link to the recipe, take a photo of it, and share it on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla so that I can see your creations and share them with others. You can also share it on FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas, put them there.
Classic tomato soup
- 2 celery stalk 4-6 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4-6 tomatoes
- 2 cups of water or vegetable stock
- pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- oregano to taste
- dried basil to taste
- Put all the vegetables in a soup pot and cover with water.
- Cook and blend when the vegetables are soft. Add salt and pepper, taste and adjust if necessary.
- Finish with fresh or dried herbs, roasted chickpeas or avocado slices.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.