This recipe for vegan classic pesto is amazing and perfect for summer days.
Nothing says summer to me like basil. It grows in my backyard and every year it goes crazy and just keeps growing and growing. I’ll probably have more recipes with basil coming up next week. There’s so much! I’m happy though because the three things we never fail to have in the fridge are: pesto, salsa, and hummus. They’re the basics that can help me out when we’re running short on time.
Usually what I do is prepare pesto beforehand, and keep it in the fridge for later. This recipe is super easy and completely vegan. It’s funny when people ask me how I make a whole dish when the main ingredient is cheese. This recipe for vegan pesto just proves that you can make a meal that only includes ingredients that benefit your health, while still holding on to the amazing taste.
I mean, I can really assure you that this recipe is much better than trader joe’s vegan pesto. This recipe of vegan pesto is creamy, healthy, easy, hassle-free, and a crowd pleaser. Every time I have kids over I prepare a huge bowl of pasta with pesto. It is so good that now my kids’ friends are asking for it. Funny right? Did I convince you yet? So, are you making it tonight? Any time soon?
classic vegan pesto
and I hope you love it and always have it in your fridge. Please let me know in the comment section what you think and if you have other recipe suggestions.
Classic vegan pesto
- 3 cups basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- big pinch of salt
- 1 pound casarecce or penne or any pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the blender or food processor, blend until well integrated.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Drain the pasta, saving one cup of water.
- Add about three tablespoons of pesto to the pasta a mix carefully, slowly add more until all pasta has pesto. If it is dry add a 1/4 of water were the pasta cooked.