These coconut, almond, and chocolate energy balls are perfect to have in the afternoon with coffee and friends, as snacks for our children or an afternoon pick me up.
When I developed this recipe it came out perfect and delicious the first time. Really, if you have a food processor you can make this recipe for homemade coconut sweets super fast.
And not only will they be delicious, but they are also one of the sweets that you can eat with peace of mind because they only contain good ingredients for us.
INGREDIENTS for the COCONUT Energy balls
- Grated coconut. Look for coconut that is not sweetened. When we buy dried fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. It is always better to buy unsweetened. I prefer to have full control of the sugars used in my recipes and I think it also tastes better.
- Almond butter. The almond butter makes the ingredients come together and binds the energy balls with the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t have almond butter, make it at home or substitute peanut butter or tahini. The version I like the most is the one with almond butter.
- Maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Dark chocolate to cover and Maldon salt to finish.
HOW TO MAKE THE COCONUT SWEETS WITH ALMOND?
- Measure and put all the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor . Pulse until everything is well integrated.
- Form the coconut energy balls with your hands, or two tablespoons, or use a small ice cream scoop.
- Put the vegan energy balls in the freezer until firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate and dip in each energy ball to cover.
- Finish with Maldon salt or spices, sprinkles, or dried edible flower.
✎TIPS & IDEAS Here are some tips and ideas so that these coconut, almond and chocolate energy balls turn out incredible and super delicious. • If your coconut comes in flakes or larger pieces put it first in the food processor and pulse until it is broken down into smaller pieces. • Be careful when processing the ingredients, don't over do it. It is better if they have some texture. • Use a metal tray to put the energy balls in the freezer, metal retains cooler temperatures better than plastic or glass. Alos, when dipping the energy balls into the melted chocolate it works best if they are cold. • You can finish them with chopped almonds, grated coconut or colored sprinkles.
These vegan coconut energy balls are perfect as a homemade gift for Christmas, birthdays, or as a hostess gift. Here are some ideas on how to wrap them are:
- Put them on a cute plate and cover with cellophane.
- Arrange them in a wooden tray.
- Put them in aluminum or cardboard boxes.
- A gift idea that I loved to do when my children were young was to buy do-it-yourself ceramic kits. They made a mug or saucer to put the sweets in.
- This type of gift is not only perfect for the one receiving it, it is also an incredible family activity.
Here is the recipe for these coconut, almond, and dark chocolate energy balls. If you like them please share the recipe and tell everyone about the blog. When you make the sweets tell me how it went in the comments section and if you have questions or suggestions I would also love to hear them.
So here is the recipe for these amazingly fast, delicious, and healthy-ish energy balls or treat. One of my favorite things I ever made. So, if you like this recipe please take a picture of it and share it on Instagram, FB or save it on Pinterest to make it later. And here are other recipes you make like:
Coconut, almond and chocolate energy balls
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or wafers
- Maldon salt *
- In the food processor with the metal blade, place the coconut and let it run until it looks like rice grains.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Run the food processor until everything is well integrated.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Spoon a little mixture in your hands and form the energy balls. Press really hard until the mixture is firm. Try not to roll the mixture in the palm of your hands, they can crumble.
- Put them in the pan and place them in the freezer, for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- When the chocolate is melted, add one by one to the melted chocolate, turn them until they are well coated, take them out and put them on the cold tray.
- If you want you can sprinkle some grated coconut or Maldon salt do it right after taking them out of the chocolate.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.