And the school year is over. I can’t believe Sofia is done with Elementary. I thought I was prepared and happy to have all “grown kids” and start like a new stage in my kids life, I wasn’t!
This morning I walked the girls to school, with Miko, as usual (in Instagram I post pictures of him, he has also grown so much!) and I suddenly realized she finished fifth grade. Today was the last time that my girls will be together at school. I almost cried and wanted them to take a picture for the album of memories, but they got embarrassed and do not let me do it. It is so scary to think than in a year Santiago will be in high school.
Try it and if you like it please share.
Cream of poblano and spinach cream
- 1 small onion cut into pieces
- 1 poblano chile in pieces seeded and stemmed
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 medium potatoes cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter I use earth balance is vegan
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels to serve
- In a pot with a lid add butter and onion. Leave it for a while until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the poblano pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, spinach bunch and two cups of water. Cover the pan, lower the heat and add the salt.
- Check after about 15 minutes that the potato is cooked. If it is already done, blend the vegetables in a blender or with a kitchen robot. Do not add more water until you try it and see if it is too thick. It is better to start adding liquid than have a very watery soup.
- Serve with corn kernels and a dolop of cream (I use walnut or almond).
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.