You have no idea how I would have loved that there was this type of products when Santiago was younger.
When we discovered he had dairy allergies I had no idea how to cook or feed a baby with allergies. Poor guy, he had to eat everything that I tried to cook without dairy and let me tell you… it wasn’t yummy at all. I STRUGGLED AND ALWAYS WISHED FOR ALLERGEN FREE PRODUCTS.
This is why when I first learned about MI-DEL pie crust I fell in love immediately with it; an allergen-free dessert sounded in mind like perfection.
I prepared a creamy chocolate vegan pie to taste the crust and loved it.?? This crust is incredibly delicious because it c is 30 grams thicker than other brands, meaning more taste and flavor in each bite. So whether or not you or your family has allergies or a gluten sensitivity, MI-DEL Pie Crusts are perfect for pie-making all year long. It’s gluten-free it has no GMO‘s, and it’s also free from eight common allergens like peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, and shellfish.
Related content:Chocolate chip cookies
It is really, really, really good and this pie is to die for! Just imagine cashews, coconut milk, melted dark chocolate, and a pinch of chipotle powder …. yummy it’s amazing! Sounds good right? It is also so easy to prepare that it takes all the fuss of holiday cooking.
I’m so glad that all the babies, kids and adults with food issues now have all these options that are allergen free and delicious. Here is the recipe for the
creamy chocolate vegan pie
and I hope you like it if you do, please share the recipe and the blog.
Creamy chocolate vegan pie.
- 11/2 cup overnight soaked cashews or soaked for one hour in boiling water
- 1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼-⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Maldon or other finishing salt
- 1 graham style MI-DEL pie crust
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, when fully melted add the coconut oil tablespoon and mixed well.
- Put ¾ melted chocolate in a blender vase, drain the cashews and put them in the blender, add the maple syrup, chipotle powder, and the coconut milk.
- Turn the blender on and blend until creamy and fully combined.
- Pour this mixture into the MI-DEL pie crust.
- Drizzle the leftover melted chocolate on top and finish by sprinkling some Maldon salt.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until firm to the touch. It is best if left in the fridge overnight.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.