This creamy chocolate vegan pie is delicious and super easy to prepare. The filling is made with cashews, coconut milk, dark chocolate, and a hint of chipotle pepper.
THE INGREDIENTS OF THIS PAY OF CHOCOLATE ARE:
- Cashews, soaked for a few hours to make this chocolate pie creamier
- Dark chocolate, it is always better to use chocolate with 60% or more cocoa. Check the ingredients and buy the best you can find.
- Coconut oil, refined coconut oil tastes a little less like coconut, and the non-refined one has a bit of a stronger coconut flavor; look for the one you like the most.
- Maple syrup
- Coconut milk
- Chipotle powder, totally optional, but the flavor that the chipotle chili powder gives to the chocolate is my favorite flavor.
- Pinch of salt
- Pie crust. Store-bought or homemade.
😀How does this creamy vegan pie tastes? It is really, really, really good and this pie is to die for! Just imagine cashews, coconut milk, melted dark chocolate, and a pinch of chipotle powder .... yummy, it’s amazing! Sounds good, right?
How to prepare this vegan chocolate pie?
- Soak the cashews
- Put the ingredients in the blender. Blend until super creamy.
- Pour into the crust.
- Put in the refrigerator, let the pie rest until it is firm.
- Time to enjoy this vegan chocolate pie.
Other recipes that you may love:
I like to finish it up with finishing salt, like Maldon salt or with a chocolate drizzle. So here is the recipe for this creamy vegan pie, and I hope you like it as much as I and my family do.
Please take a picture of your pie and share it on Instagram, Fb, or save the recipe on Pinterest if you want to make it later. Also, if you have a question about it, please let me know here in the comment section or leave a DM via Instagram.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Creamy chocolate vegan pie.
- 1½ cup overnight soaked cashews or soaked for one hour in boiling water
- 1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼-⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Maldon or other finishing salt
- 1 pie crust
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, when fully melted add the coconut oil tablespoon and mixed well.
- Put ¾ melted chocolate in a blender vase, drain the cashews and put them in the blender, add the maple syrup, chipotle powder, and the coconut milk.
- Turn the blender on and blend until creamy and fully combined.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust.
- Drizzle the leftover melted chocolate on top and finish by sprinkling some Maldon salt.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until firm to the touch. It is best if left in the fridge overnight.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.