This creamy peanut butter pie with a crunchy chocolate crust is one of the most amazing desserts you’ll ever make. It is crunchy, dreamy, delicious, and creamy… yes, all of that.
I’ve had this recipe idea in my mind forever, I love my food with bold flavors and different textures, so the idea of a creamy peanut butter pie was perfect but needed some more texture, more flavor. Until I tried the new “SPROUTED CACAO’OS” cereal from One Degree Organics and I knew exacly what I was going to prepare.
This cereal is so flavorful and yummy that it tastes amazing as is and you have the super bonus that is also very healthy. One Degree Organics is one of my favorite brands ever because they know exactly which ingredients they are using in their products. Do you know that they visit every farm that they buy a product from? They know the farm, the farmer, how the product grows and how much care the producer gives to its land.
If you look closely to each of ONE DEGREE products, you’ll find a QR code. That code tells you exactly from which part of the world each ingredient they used to make that product comes from. I find that extremely important, can you imagine if all the products we bought were made like this? It would be a dream come true. Sadly they are not, that is why we need to support companies like this, companies that make products that protect farmers, produce and our world.
So, now you can imagine how this creamy peanut butter pie tastes like right? We are starting with the best chocolate cereal ever, dates and peanuts. That is for the crust, and then we fill it with peanut butter mousse and top everything with chocolate, SPROUTED CACAO’OS and peanuts bark.
So here is the recipe for this creamy peanut butter pie with a crunchy chocolate crust and if you like it, please share, the recipe and the blog. It will also be amazing if you could give this recipe a five-star review, go to the comment section and hover over the stars. Then click on the number of stars you wanna give the recipe. Thank you!
Creamy peanut butter pie with crunchy chocolate crust
For the crust
- 6 dates pitted
- 1/4 cup peanuts peeled and roasted
- 1 cup chocolate cereal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil solid
For the mousse
- 1/2 lb / 250 g soft tofu
- 1 / 4 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil solid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate bark
- 1 cup dark chocolate wafers or chocolate chips
- Sprouted CACAO’OS
- Maldon salt a pinch
- Prepare a mold for a large pie or 4 four individual ones. You can also use a square or rectangular pan prepared with paper parchment.
To prepare the crust
- Add the dates, peanuts and coconut oil and pulse until everything is finely chopped.
- Add the cereal and continue to pulse until everything is integrated. Be careful not to overprocess the cereal; you want to maintain its texture.
- Add the mixture to the pie pan and press with your hands to form a firm crust.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the filling
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor container and blend until everything is well integrated. The consistency you are looking for is the one of a light mousse.
- Put the mixture on top of the crust and refrigerate for at least three hours.
To prepare the chocolate bark
- Melt the dark chocolate chips or wafers on a double broiler.
- Spread it on a tray prepared with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Top chocolate with cereal, chopped peanuts, and top with a pinch of Maldon salt. Freeze for 15-20 minutes. When completely firm break into pieces.
- Put the pieces on top of the pie.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post is made in partnership with ONE DEGREE ORGANICS, the recipe, the pictures, and opinions are all my own.