This recipe for creamy tomato soup with a hint of chile chipotle is the perfect creamy, vegan, spicy, tomato soup…. YUMM!
This is another post that I will just share the recipe, gotta get back on track. I do not want any recipe left behind, especially this one. With this cold weather, all I crave is hot yummy, really comforting soup. It is easy healthy and a great vegan option for this cooler time of the year. You can prepare it with natural or store-bought tomatoes. This is the brand that I use and love.
So here is the recipe for this
Creamy tomato soup
and I hope you like it. Finish this soup with avocado and corn tortilla strips or chips for some extra texture on top. If you make it post is on Instagram @piloncilloyvainilla. I love to see all of your amazing creations.
Creamy tomato soup with chile chipotle
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups canned or fresh chopped tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo
- Add the olive oil and onion over medium heat in a pot with a lid. When the onions are translucent, add the garlic and salt.
- Do not let it burn or brown, the onions or garlic must be translucent. Leave them for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the oregano and almonds, leave for 2-3 minutes, until the oregano releases its smell.
- Add the tomatoes, water and low the heat.
- When water starts boiling add the chipotle pepper, turn the heat off and blend or use a kitchen robot to puree it. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- SErve and finish with diced avocado and tortilla chips.