This cream of mushroom soup -vegan recipe- is not only decadent and satisfying; it is easy to make, dairy-free, and perfect for when you want a soup full of flavor, a soup that leaves you nourished and happy.
What are the benefits of eating mushrooms?
This cream of mushroom soup is delicious, and the mushrooms have tons of benefits.
Dr.Greger (which I’m a big fan of) tells you all of the benefits of mushrooms in his book called “How not to die.” Did you know that they are super useful to help your body fight allergies? They are fantastic as an immune system booster and that they have tons of vitamin B and minerals?
🌱 Do you want to know how to prepare mushrooms? Go to this post 👉 the best way to prepare mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS to prepare this vegan creamy mushroom soup
- Mushrooms. Use a mixture of white mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, wild mushrooms, or even portobellos. With all kinds of mushrooms, this cream of mushroom soup will be delicious.
- Garlic. Garlic not only enhances the flavor of mushrooms, but it also complements it and raises the nutritional value of this soup.
- Thyme. Fresh or dried herbs always give a super special touch to our dishes.
- Vegetable broth. You can use homemade or store-bought vegetable broth. You can also use water or dehydrated mushroom broth.
HOW TO MAKE this CREAM OF MUSHROOMS recipe?
- Start by sautéing the garlic in olive oil, be careful not to burn it; burned garlic gets bitter.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt, and vegetable broth and leave for 20 minutes or so.
- Blend in the blender or with a food processor and adjust the seasoning if necessary; return to the pot if you used the blender. If it is too thick, you can add more vegetable broth, water, or oat or almond milk.
SERVE THE MUSHROOM SOUP WITH …
- drizzle a splash of olive oil on top
- have a slice of bread form a freshly baked loaf
- you can also accompany it with homemade crackers
- serve alongside a Caesar salad
- serve alongside a roasted vegetable sandwich with basil and parsley pesto
Here are other recipes that you may like: •Hummus with mushrooms •Vegan shepherd's Pie •Simple vinaigrette
So here is the vegan creamy mushroom soup recipe, and I hope you are encouraged to try it and that you like it as much as we do. Mushrooms have so many benefits that it is really worth starting to eat them now.
When you prepare this recipe, take a photo of it and share it on Instagram and FB. If you want to make it later, save it on Pinterest. It would also be incredible if you give it 5 stars and/or if you tell me how it went in the comments section; if you have doubts or ideas also put them there.
Creamy vegan mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic in large pieces
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms cremini or white or a mixture of the two
- 4 cups of broth of vegetables or water
- Chopped chives or chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot over medium heat add the olive oil, garlic and a pinch of sea salt. Leave for five minutes or until the garlic starts to brown. Add the thyme, leave 30 seconds to a minute and put the mushrooms and vegetable broth or water. Cover and leave for 20 minutes or until the broth begins to boil.
- Blend the soup very carefully and return to the pot. Try for seasoning and adjust if necessary. If you feel the soup is too thick, you can add a little more water, oat milk, almond milk or vegetable broth.
- Serve the soup and finish it with a splash of good quality olive oil, fresh herbs and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.