This creamy vegan roasted red pepper pasta is the easiest recipe you will find in the whole blog. I mean, to make the sauce, you just need 4 ingredients. YES, just four.
This creamy and delicious vegan pasta sauce is one of my son’s favorite recipes ever, and mine too. It is creamy, flavorful, perfect for lunch, dinner, and it really is sooooo easy to make. The sauce is ready by the time your pasta is done.
How to make this vegan roasted red pasta?
Before giving you some tricks and tips on how to get dinner on the table for less than 15 minutes, let me tell you about the ingredients in the sauce.
This vegan creamy red pepper sauce is made with pecans, roasted garlic, red pepper, and vinegar. You put all the ingredients in the blender and let the blender run until creamy, it that easy.
And besides being that simple, it is extremely nutritious. Pecans have so many good things for us! In his book “How not to die,” Dr. Greger tells us that our life span grows for two years if we eat nuts and seeds daily.
WOW right? This creamy vegan sauce is perfect for the picky eaters or the pecan haters, like Sofia, my daughter. The pecans make this sauce creamy and delicious.
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- You can make this red pepper vegan sauce with fresh red peppers or jarred ones. I have to confess that most of the time I use roasted jarred red peppers.
- With that said, if you want to roast and peel your own red bell pepper, it is also very easy to do.
- This recipe goes well with any type of pasta but if you want to up-level the nutritional value use Banza or Food for Life pasta.
- If you don’t have pecans you can use walnuts.
- Here are other pasta recipes that I love: Veggie Ragu, Easy one pot broccoli pasta, zucchini noodles, Pasta with butternut squash and tomato.
Here are other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this
creamy VEGAN ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 large roasted red pepper fresh or from a jar
- 1 teaspoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 1- lb pasta package
- Roast the bell pepper and garlic (with the peel on) on a skillet or in the oven. When the red pepper is well burned on all sides, remove the skin and seeds. Peel the garlic.
- Put the pecans, the garlic, the red pepper, the teaspoon of vinegar, salt, and pepper in the blender container.
- Blend with 1 cup of water. Start blending at a low speed and gradually turn it up. Leave it on high speed for about two minutes or until creamy.
- Check for salt and pepper.
- Add it to the pasta.
- Save a cup of water where the pasta was cooked. If the past is a bit dry or the sauce too thick, you need more liquid, add this liquid to the dish.
-If it is easier for you, you can use jarred red peppers. I always like to have a jar in the pantry for “no time to cook dinner emergencies”.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.