This recipe for crunchy cauliflower tacos is delicious and easy to prepare. The whole family likes it and they’ll even eat their salad in the “taquito.”
This post is made in partnership with One Degree Organics. Thank you so much for supporting the brands I work with.
You really have to try these tacos. They are so easy to prepare, to eat, to server… to everything. And the Mexican part is that I’m pretty sure all of your family will like them. My kids go crazy every time we have them for dinner. Sometimes I even have to double or triple the recipe.
When I started testing this recipe, Sofia couldn’t stop eating cauliflower pieces every time she passed by the kitchen counter. She was like… “Mom…what is this??? It is delish!! That was my clue to make it again and again until I was super happy with the results so I could share it with you.
I made these crunchy cauliflower tacos with a mix of flour, spices, and water. Then I topped each cauliflower piece with Sprouted Corn Flakes from One Degree Organics. One of my favorite brands of all time. I love their products, their philosophy, the way they know and treat their farmers… It is an outstanding company, you have to go out and look for their products.
Here are other of my favorite cauliflower recipes:
So here is the recipe for these fantastic and nutritious
crunchy cauliflower tacos
and I hope you like them. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog. And do not forget to post it on Facebook or Instagram tagging me with @piloncilloyvainilla so I can see your dish and share it. Or you could also pin it and save it for later on Pinterest.
Crunchy cauliflower tacos
- ½ cauliflower cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 8 corn tortillas
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Purple cabbage thinly sliced
- Turn the oven to 425ºF and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix wheat flour, water and spices. Mix well and put the cauliflower pieces in until well covered.
- In a separate bowl put the cornflakes and crush them. Put the pieces of cauliflower covered in the flour mixture. Cover them well with the cereal and arrange in a single layer on the tray.
- Put in the oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To prepare the tacos, put a layer of avocado, purple cabbage and top with the crunchy cauliflower. Finish with chopped cilantro and some hot sauce if you want.