I have to tell you all about this dish, well about the roasted cauliflower I made so I could eat more of this crunchy chili oil.
Because once you try this crunchy chili oil, I made with Mountain Rose Herbs, you are going to be looking all over for more dishes to put on top of. But there is one trick to create the perfect, most flavorful homemade crunchy chili oil.
GOOD, FLAVORFUL, FRESH, AND FLAVOR BURSTING DRIED HERBS, SPICES, AND AROMATICS.
Yes, you have to use fresh, flavorful herbs and spices. Check the seasonings and dried herbs you have in your cupboard. When opening the container, you want them to have a “strong” and delicious aroma. And, if you try them, you should feel a burst of flavor. If they don’t smell or taste delicious, it is time to replace them. When cooking with dried herbs and spices, I like to use the same logic as when cooking with fresh produce: use fresh and delicious food to achieve the best results.
With spices, use the best and freshest to get the most flavor out of them. Mountain Rose Herbs offers the best high-quality organically grown herbs, spices, and teas. Founded in 1987 and since then, they are known for their commitment to organic agriculture and fair trade standards. Watch this video so you can learn more about them.
I simplified the classic method for making chili oil, because once you try this crunchy chili oil, you will run out of it fast, and you need to make it as quick as possible. Let me give you some tips and tricks to achieve the best results ever.
tips, ideas & other recipes
- I use SMOKED chili flakes from Mountain Rose Herbs for this recipe. The smokiness of the chili peppers gives a great depth of flavor to it. If you don’t like a smoky flavor, use regular red chili pepper flakes.
- When heating the oil, heat it just until it ripples, don’t let it smoke. If the oil is smoking hot, it will burn the spices and aromatics.
- All of the simple ingredients combined give this homemade chili oil depth of flavor that will accentuate and make more delicious all the flavors on what you put it on.
- I used roasted cauliflower and red onions as a canvas for this chili oil, but please, think out of the box and put it on everything.
- It will taste great on roasted broccoli, romanesco, Brussel sprouts, salads, hummus, pizza, pasta, avocado toast, chickpea patties… you name it.
So here is the recipe for this
Crunchy Chili Oil with Roasted Cauliflower
Go and check Mountain Rose Herbs blog and page!
Crunchy Chili Oil With Roasted Cauliflower
- Chopped cilantro
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Spread the cauliflower florets and sliced onion evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chili oil. In a jar with a lid, add the smoked chili pepper flakes, the dried onion, oregano, garlic, paprika, and salt.
- Heat the oil until it ripples and pour over the spices.
- Let it cool before tasting.
- Place the cauliflower florets and onion on a serving dish; squeeze the juice of a lemon (or more if you like), sprinkle the cilantro leaves, and finish by drizzling crunchy chili oil on top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.