This detox carrot soup is a perfect way to start the new year if you want to start eating healthier.
t’s delicious, and it is a detox soup. In January we are always bombarded with photos of miracle drinks and diets, but I still prefer to eat deliciously and healthy. My theory is that if each day we include more and more healthy and clean ingredients into our diet. And obviously, I do not mean clean as in washed, I mean as in natural ingredients that come from the earth. We will slowly get back on track.
Let me talk to you about this soup… it contains turmeric, ginger, garlic, onion, apples, and carrots. It loaded with nutrition. These ingredients are anti-inflammatories, and they are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and GOOD STUFF.
And best of all, this detox carrot soup is ready in a pinch. It can be done in the pressure cooker, regular pot or instant pot. Anywhere you want or can prepare it. Either way, it is delicious, and it is a perfect way to begin to include ingredients and tasty recipes to our diet.
I finished the detox carrot soup with roughly chopped cilantro (which has super powers to help our body eliminate everything that does not need ), scallions, a few drops of chili oil and pumpkin seeds (pepitas). But you can finish it with whatever you want: with chickpeas, peanuts, almonds, spinach, mint, or anything else you have on hand.
Here is the recipe for this
DETOX CARROT SOUP
that is amazing during cold weather. I hope you like it a lot and that you also have the same urge as me to start eating super healthy and clean. But please tell me: how did your Holidays go? How about the return to reality? Was it hard? What are your goals for this year? … I want to know!!
Now let me give you the recipe for detox carrot soup and if you make it, don’t forget to put it on Instagram with @piloncilloyvainilla and #piloncilloyvainilla. I want to see how it turned out for you. I love seeing your photos.
Detox carrot soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ sliced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 piece of 2.5 cm- 1 in of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 5 medium-sized carrots in large pieces
- 1 apple green or red large
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4-5 cups water
- Chopped cilantro
- Pumpkin seeds
- thinly sliced serrano or jalapeño pepper
- Put the coconut oil in the pot over medium heat, add the onion, the garlic, the ginger, and The turmeric. Sauté for a couple of minutes until everything releases its scent.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in, cover the pot and leave until the carrots are fully cooked.
- Blend the soup with a food processor or an immersion blender. Check for seasoning and adjust if needed. Also if it is too thick add a little more liquid.