This is Miko, our dog and this is the recipe for making the easiest dog treats in the world. Keep on reading, you’ll see…
Miko, our dog, is the most spoiled member of our family. He is like our baby. If you have a dog, you already know what it is like to love a pet this much, right? Miko is three years old and has a very happy personality; he is super fun to be with, he loves to play soccer, to swim, and he
I have to confess that I spoil him a lot, and I bet he knows that. The day I prepared these dog cookies, he got so excited it was adorable!!!! 😆
I promise you this recipe is so easy to make. It only has three ingredients:
- sweet potatoes
- peanut butter
The dough comes together pretty fast, and it is very easy to work with. To make this homemade pet treats even more simple, just cut the dough in squares after rolling the dough out. But I love to use cute cookie cutters, like this bunny cutter I found in my collection.
It is super important that we ALWAYS read the labels of everything we eat. I like to avoid anything with chemicals or things that we don’t know where they came from. This way of eating should apply to our pets as well.
In my case, Miko needs food, real food and we love knowing what he is eating.
And pets really do become like our children and fill us with happiness just like the real ones (well … you know what I mean … there are times that maybe even a little more because they don’t talk back and they obey you the first time 😳)
Miko is allergic to some foods. It took us a while to find a dry dog food that gave him no reaction. That is also why we give him apples, bananas, cucumbers; we want him to eat as real as possible. And well, now he has these homemade dog biscuits that he loves. Here are some tips and tricks so you can make the best homemade dog treats ever.
tips, tricks and other recipes
- The day that I roast sweet potatoes for my family’s dinner is the day that I roast sweet potatoes for Miko’s dog biscuits.
- Use any cookie cutter that you have at home, but if you have a dog paw cookie cutter or a dog bone shaped one, it would be extra cool.
- These are my favorite sweet potato recipes: Sweet potato chips, sweet potato, and lentil enchiladas.
- Store these vegan dog treats in the cool, dark place in a closed container.
- You could also freeze half of the dough and bake the dog cookies later.
Just look at the face he makes every time he has one of his
homemade dog treats
Anyways let me share this homemade dog treats recipe with you. I hope your dog likes them a lot.😂 Please share the recipe and the blog. I think it is vital that we always be very aware of what we eat and feed all of our loved ones.
Share this recipe on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked and peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl put the sweet potato and mash with a fork. Add the peanut butter and flour. Mix with the fork so that everything is well integrated.
- Use your hands and mix to form a super soft dough.
- Roll the dough on top of parchment or a silicone mat and cut into squares or with a cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
If you have any doubt about your dog eating these ingredients, consult your vet before making them.