This easy bean celery salad is one of my favorite salads to eat for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. It is easy, delicious, and has fiber, protein, vitamins, and tons of flavor.
It is also perfect as is with a good slice of freshly baked bread. When we bake bread at home, this is my favorite way of eating this bean celery salad.
Celery has tons of benefits
And as you know celery has so many health benefits, celery juice is huge. Have you heard about it?
So this salad is the perfect way to “drink” your celery juice. I believe in eating the whole veggie and in drinking only the juice. The important this is to consume more and more vegetables. And this celery salad recipe is perfect for that.
Celery is a rock star when it comes to vitamin C, vitamin K, B6, and some essential minerals. So every time you have this delicious salad, without thinking it, you are also nurturing your body. Perfect right?
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- The celery and the fresh herbs make this bean salad so refreshing that you will want to eat it pretty often.
- I make this bean salad with navy beans because I love the creaminess they have. But feel free to use any other bean you want. Well, I see this recipe more of a Mediterranean bean salad, so probably chickpeas, lime beans, or great northern beans will work best. But, I have a feeling that black beans or pinto beans will give this salad a Mexican bean salad vibe. And we are not doing the Mexican flavor profile in this recipe.
- I used white onion for this recipe, but feel free to use red onions or shallots. But, regarding wich aromatic, you use the first step is to “pickle” them with the vinegar.
- For this easy bean celery salad, you can use homecooked beans, canned, or jarred.
- For the herbs, you can use just parsley or parsley and dill, or parsley and fennel fronds, use what you like. The main idea of me writing this post is to give you a guideline on how to make an easy bean and vegetable salad.
- Here are other bean recipes that I love: greens & bean salad, 3 beans easy chili recipe, vegan fajitas. And here is my simple and delicious green juice that has tons of celery in it.
So here is the recipe for this
easy bean celery salad
and I hope you like it as much as we do. I can’t wait to hear about what you think about this recipe and to see your pictures when you make it. Share your pictures of this salad on Instagram, share the recipe on FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to give this recipe a 5 star rating, 😊.
Easy bean celery recipe
- ½ white onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½-¾ cup chopped parsley
- 1 ½ cup cooked white beans or 1 can navy beans without the liquid
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the onion into thin slices and put them in a bowl with the vinegar. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Chop the celery and put it on an extended platter.
- Chop the herbs and put them on top of the celery. Add the white beans and olive oil.
- Put the onions and vinegar on top of the beans. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix and serve.