This pasta with broccoli recipe is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever find. You can do it by heart, and if you change the order or swap the broccoli, nothing will happen; this pasta will always taste good.
Why I love this pasta with broccoli recipe?
This recipe is my version of “fast food.” I promise you that preparing this recipe is much faster than going out or ordering food. Look, it is much quicker to boil water than to take the car, go to the restaurant, stand in line, wait for food, return to the house, and then if the food gets cold, you’ll have to heat it. Besides, fast food neither tastes good nor is good for the body. You’ll eat better and quicker if you prepare this recipe.
On the other hand, if we teach children that eating healthy is easy and fun, they will eat that way their entire life. This pasta with broccoli recipe is the best, and you can make it as fun and different as you want.
🔥NOTE I do not know if you know, but a hamburger from the biggest FAST FOOD chain in the world has approximately 72 ingredients. Check the list of ingredients on their website; you'll be impressed that not only one of those 72 ingredients is a healthy one. They are also high on sodium, saturated fat to list among a few. I wouldn't feed my kids any of those ingredients, and I hope you wouldn't either.
How to make this recipe?
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and add the broccoli for two minutes. Take it out and add the pasta. If you want crunchy bright green broccoli florets set a bowl of iced water on the side and let it cool there.
- Drain the pasta using a large colander, save a cup of pasta water.
- In a pan or the same pot, melt the butter with the olive oil, garlic, and the lemon zest and the red chili pepper, if using, it for about a minute over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add salt (2 teaspoons approx.), red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Stir very well and pour over the pasta and broccoli. Mix carefully, taste, adjust flavor if needed.
- Serve immediately
- Finish the pasta with pinenuts, basil, hemp seeds or Vegan parmesan cheese.
YES. You can also use asparagus, mushrooms, or cauliflower instead of broccoli. Another delicious twist for this recipe would be to add cream, cream cheese, or parmesan cheese (I use vegan cheese). There is no wrong way with this pasta.
You can choose different pasta types like shell pasta, penne, or rigatoni. This recipe is also very good with chickpea or quinoa pasta.
Yes, you can freeze pasta in a freezer-safe bag, but I do not recommend it. Pasta is so easy to make, and there is nothing better than freshly cooked pasta.
Tips, tricks, and other recipes
- Broccoli stems. If the broccoli you bought has thick stems, do not throw them away; save them from making a broccoli soup or a salad. Just peel them before using them.
- Benefits of broccoli. Broccoli has a lot of fiber, minerals, vitamins, like vitamin C; it’s a SUPERFOOD!
- How to cook broccoli. When you do not know what to do with it, TURN ON the oven at 400ºF, cut the broccoli into pieces, drizzle with olive oil, add a pinch of salt, put it in the oven until golden. When done, remove it from the oven and squeeze a lemon or add the zest of lemon. I know it’s that easy.
💡MENU IDEA Here is a dinner menu idea, this is how I would serve this pasta: To start vegan Mexican lentil soup, then this pasta with a vegan cesar salad or a simple kale salad. For dessert, I would de a chocolate pudding.
Other recipes that you may like:
I like to use quinoa pasta when I prepare this recipe, So here is the recipe for this easy one-pot pasta with broccoli, and I hope you like it very much. If you do, please share it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you left a comment and rated this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Easy one pot pasta with broccoli
- Pasta pot
- 8 oz short pasta
- 4 cups of broccoli cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- zest of a lemon
- juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red chili pepper
- Parmesan cheese I use vegan Violife brand
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and put broccoli in the water for two minutes. Take it out and place it on the platter to serve the pasta. If you are looking for crunchy and bright green broccoli pieces, put the broccoli florets in a bowl with iced water.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and follow the package instructions. When the pasta is ready, store a cup of pasta and put it with the broccoli.
- In a pan or the same pot, add the butter, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, and the red chili pepper flakes if using for about a minute. The idea is that the garlic is cooked but not brown.
- Remove from heat and add salt (2 teaspoons approx.), pepper and lemon juice. Stir very well and pour over the pasta and broccoli. Mix carefully, taste, adjust flavor if needed.
- Serve immediately
- Finish the pasta with nuts, hemp seeds or Vegan parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.