This pasta with broccoli recipe is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever find. You can do it by heart, and if you change the order or swap the broccoli, nothing will happen, it always tastes good.
This recipe is my version of “fast food”. I promise you that preparing this recipe is much faster than going out or ordering food. Look, it is much quicker to boil water than to take the car, go to the restaurant, stand in line, wait for food, return to the house … and then… if the food gets cold, you ‘ll have to heat it up … You’ll eat better and faster if you prepare this recipe. Besides, fast food neither tastes so good, nor is it good for the body.
I do not know if you know, but a hamburger from the biggest FAST FOOD chain in the world (whose name starts with M … 😳) has approximately 72 ingredients. Check the list of ingredients on their website, you’ll be impressed that not only one of those 72 ingredients is a healthy one. I wouldn’t feed my kids any of those ingredients, and I hope you wouldn’t either.
On the other hand, if we teach children that eating healthy is easy and fun, they will eat that way their entire life (hopefully🤞). This pasta with broccoli recipe is the best, and you can make it as fun and different as you want.
You can choose different types of pasta; you can use asparagus instead of broccoli, you can put cheese (I use vegan cheese) or not, you could boil or roast the broccoli… really, there is no wrong way with this pasta.
Tips, tricks and other recipes:
- If the broccoli you bought has thick stems … do not throw them away, save them to make a broccoli soup or a salad. Just peel them before using.
- Broccoli has a lot of fiber, minerals, vitamins; it’s a SUPERFOOD!
- When you do not know what to do with it, TURN ON oven at 400ºF, cut the broccoli into pieces, cover with olive oil and add a pinch of salt, put it in the oven until golden, remove from the oven and squeeze a lemon or add the zest of lemon. I know it’s that easy.
- Here is a dinner menu idea, this is how I would serve this pasta: To start vegan Mexican lentil soup, then this pasta with a vegan cesar salad or a simple kale salad. For dessert, I would de a chocolate pudding.
I like to use quinoa pasta when I prepare this recipe, So here is the recipe for this
easy one-pot pasta with broccoli
and I hope you like it very much. If you do, please share it on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Easy one pot pasta with broccoli
- 8 oz short pasta
- 4 cups of broccoli cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- zest of a lemon
- juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red chili pepper
- Parmesan cheese I use vegan Violife brand
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and put broccoli in the water for two minutes. Take it out and place in the platter where you will serve the pasta. You are looking for crunchy and bright green pieces of broccoli.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and follow the package instructions. When the pasta is ready, store a cup of pasta and put with the broccoli.
- In a pan or the same pot, add the butter, the olive oil, garlic, and the lemon zest and the red chili pepper, if using, it for about a minute. The idea is that the garlic is cooked, but not brown.
- Remove from heat and add salt (2 teaspoons approx.), pepper and lemon juice. Stir very well and pour over the pasta and broccoli. Mix carefully, taste, adjust flavor if needed.
- Serve immediately
- Finish the pasta with nuts, hemp seeds or Vegan parmesan cheese.