This easy scallion dressing is perfect for anything that needs a boost of flavor or those days you want a healthy, simple, but very flavorful dish. This dressing with oriental flavors is perfect with vegetables, rice, or avocado.
Take a look at the picture below to see how I served it (avocado and beets). I have to confess one thing, though, I can’t stop eating it. Everything this dressing touch turns into something delicious and magical.
Why would you like this dressing?
The idea for this dressing and how to make it came from one of my favorite magazines, Bon Appetite, one of my favorite food magazines. And after trying it, I thought it would be excellent with rice, sushi, crispy tofu, and even tacos, it tastes so good with whatever you can think of.
This dressing is so full of flavor and textures that it will surprise you. T has the perfect flavor combination to enhance any dish or vegetable that you don’t like or lack flavor.
Ingredients to make the chive-dressing
- Scallions, sliced, the white and green parts. Each part gives a unique flavor to the dressing.
- Ginger minced or grated.
- Oil any oil with a neutral flavor. You have to heat the oil for this dressing, so you will have to be very careful when you work with it.
- A pinch of salt
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar, is better if it is unseasoned rice vinegar. This way, you can control the salt in your scallion dressing.
How to make the scallion dressing?
- In a large glass jar, add the sliced scallions and grated ginger. You must use a container made with glass or any other material that is heat resistant.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Before it breaks into a boil, remove it from the heat and pour it over the scallions and ginger.
- With a spoon, crush the chives so that it is down. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and salt.
- Mix and taste carefully; adjust if necessary.
🔥TIP Be extremely careful when making this dressing. Hot oil is very dangerous and can give very bad burns easily. Before you even start making the dressing, check the area so there is nothing you can trip over. Use a pot that is not heavy and that you can pour the oil without problem. Remove anything that could get in the way of your working area.
How to use this scallion dressing?
You can add this chive dressing to rice, roasted vegetables, noodles, roasted tofu, etc., really what you can think of. Added it to this beet and avocado salad because beets are lovely for people who exercise. Among the many properties it has, it helps us recover faster for the next training session.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Easy Scallion Dressing
- 1½ cup scallions sliced
- 1 piece ginger finely chopped or grated
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil neutral flavor
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
To serve as in the photo
- 4 cooked beets peeled and diced
- 1 avocado diced
- In a large glass jar, place the 1 1/2 cups of the sliced chives and the minced ginger.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Just before it's going to boil, remove it from the heat and pour it on top of the chives and ginger.
- With a spoon, crush the chives so that it is all the way down. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and salt.
- Mix and taste carefully, adjust if necessary.
- Put the beets and avocado on a platter, top with two or three tablespoons of the dressing.
- It is important that you use an oil that has a high smoking point, avocado or canola oil work best here.
- Recipe adapted from Bon appetite online.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe appeared first in 2017.