Us, vegans, don’t eat any type of cheese or dairy. But…. we eat delicious combinations of very healthy and powerful ingredients. This easy vegan parmesan cheese is an example of them, and to make this deliciousness… you only need 4 ingredients.
With this easy vegan parmesan cheese, you can finish soups, salads, pasta dishes, and even popcorn. And I know it is not parmesan but it tastes cheesy and it gives that extra boost of flavor to everything it touches. I don’t know about you, but when something is so flavorful and nutritious, I don’t care how you call it.
And this easy vegan parmesan cheese is so easy and delicious to prepare but it is best to do it in a food processor or with a kitchen robot. If you make it in a blender you can turn the walnuts into walnut butter.
If you want to buy a vegan parmesan cheese that resembles a bit more the “real thing” I like Violife parmesan cheese or Follow your heart parmesan cheese . You can find them in Amazon through these links.
Tips, tricks & other recipes:
- I made this easy vegan parmesan cheese with walnuts. You can use pecans, cashews , and even pinenuts or hazelnuts.
- The second ingredient in this vegan recipe is NUTRITIONAL YEAST. This ingredient gives all the umami flavor of cheese to this vegan parmesan. The flavor of the nutritional yeast is cheesy, nutty, savory, salty, etc… let’s say its yummy.
- The third and fourth ingredients of this recipe are a lemon zest and sea salt. Both of my favorite ingredients.
- A good tip to make this mock parmesan cheese is to make sure to cool down completely the nuts before pulverizing them, you don’t want to end with nut butter instead of nut powder.
- Also, taste as you go, add more lemon zest if the vegan cheese needs more brightness, add more salt if you like saltier things.
- When it is perfect for you, sprinkle it on top of everything. Popcorn, soups, pasta, zucchini noodles, salads, roasted veggies, and popcorn.
So here is the recipe for this
easy vegan parmesan cheese
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 large lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Roast the walnuts for 3 minutes on a skillet or toaster oven. As soon as they begin to brown, remove them from the heat and pan. Place them in a cutting board and let them cool completely.
- Put them in the food processor and pulse several times until they look like coarse sand.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix, taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Store in a closed jar in the fridge.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.