These vegan spiced chickpea patties taste like crab cakes, they are very easy to make and the best thing is that you can eat them as lunch, appetizers, as the main dish, in hamburgers buns, or on top of a salad.
WHY ARE YOU GOING TO LIKE these vegan CHICKPEA patties?
If you are having a party you can prepare mini chickpea patties (or you can tell your guests they are called vegan crab cakes) and serve them on a platter. You can serve them as a starter in summer dinner with summer drinks, as a snack, or on top of a green salad, or even as a hamburger pattie.
Don’t you love these types of recipes that can be served ALL year round and everyone likes them? Besides, above all, they are super healthy, vegan, delicious, and free of many allergens. They have no eggs, no dairy, and no shellfish. But what they do have and is tons of FLAVOR, the chickpea pattie, and the prepared mayonnaise on top.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE VEGAN CAKES
- SPECIAL MIX OF SPICES. Spices always have that magical touch of flavor and freshness that gives that extra boost of flavor to everything they touch. I know I always say the same thing, but can you imagine Mexican food without oregano or cumin? Or Italian food without basil?
- Chickpeas. You can use canned chickpeas or the chickpea that you cook at home. This recipe is perfect for when the chickpeas are overcooked, super soft and lose their shape.
- Potato, any type of potato works well here. You just have to cook it properly, in salted water and until really soft.
- Mayonnaise, you can use the vegan mayonnaise that you want (the one I like the most is Vegenaise), homemade or normal mayonnaise.
- Special sauce. This is made with the mix of spices that you prepare, mayonnaise, celery and onion. It really is super super delicious.
🔥TIP Keep the liquid in which you cooked the chickpeas or the liquid from the canned ones. This magic liquid is called aquafaba and you can make amazing recipes, like this Pavlova.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN chickpea patties?
In a small bowl add all the ingredients for the spice mix. Set aside.
Combine potatoes, chickpeas, and the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well and with the back of the spoon, mash the potatoes and chickpeas. You must have a well-incorporated mixture.
With your hands, form the pancakes and cook in a hot pan with a tablespoon of oil. Let them brown on one side and then flip them to brown the other side.
To make the sauce, mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
To serve, put a little sauce on each pancake and finish with chopped parsley.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for these vegan spiced chickpea patties and I hope you like them as much as we do. They really are delicious and you can serve them as and when you want. Don’t forget to tell me how it went. Did you like them? How did you serve them? I really want to know everything and take pictures of them and put them on Instagram or FB to see them, okay? I love seeing everything you make. If you are going to do them later, save them on Pinterest.
Easy vegan spiced chickpea patties
- 2 cups cooked potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon spice mix
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the spice mix. Set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well and with the back part of the spoon, mash the potatoes and the chickpeas. You should have a well-incorporated mixture.
- With your hands, form the patties and cook on a skillet with the tablespoon of oil. Let them brown and then flip to brown the other side.
- Continue with all the patties and set aside when done.
- To prepare the sauce mix the ingredients in a small bowl and check for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- To serve, arrange the patties in a serving bowl, spoon some sauce over them and finish with minced parsley.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This post was sponsored by Mountain Rose Herbs in November 2018.